Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics olympics

1. Apr 26, 2005 #1

Is anybody out here going to enter the physics olympics this year?
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 26, 2005 #2
    isnt that what they do in high school?
  4. Apr 26, 2005 #3
    Yes that IS something we do in highschools.
  5. Apr 26, 2005 #4

Gold Member

It's not like "special olympics" - right? (So far I've only considered mud wrestling.)
  6. Apr 26, 2005 #5
    No it's not. It's something like an international competiton in the knowledg of physics(mostly harder examples buth with littel or no calcules). I might get on the national team, but there isn-t much chance of that, becouse there is a 5 per countrz limit.
  7. Apr 26, 2005 #6

Gold Member

are there physics steroids? id like some of those..
  8. Apr 26, 2005 #7
    It's not really something you can just enter. :wink: It won't be known which HS students will be representing a certain country in the international olympiad until that country's national olympiad is concluded.

I assume you qualified for the nationals?
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2005
  9. Apr 26, 2005 #8
    I took the olympiad and got to the second round but I havent heard anything since i dont know what happened :confused:
  10. Apr 27, 2005 #9
    Yes infact I'm one of 10 competitors for the five places awilable. It's qouit cool :cool: .
  11. Apr 27, 2005 #10
    I'm one of 19. Maybe we'll compete against each other at the international olympiad. It's in Spain this year, I believe.
  12. Apr 27, 2005 #11

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think that depends on who you ask.
  13. Apr 29, 2005 #12
    Yes it is in Spain I hope to see you there
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?