1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics or/and applied physics

1. Nov 2, 2007 #1
    Hy everyone,

i will be enrolling in university for a course in physics and applied physics in abut 3/4 of a year.

Is this course a mix between the 2? or must one choose between them.

I actually plan on doing applied physics and i aim for a masters. I hope to be working in an industry. Any advice for me? ;p

Also i will be doing an exemption test before U to see if the freshmen are eligibl for an exemption from Uiniversity first year. Mine was originally a 4 year course. But its a direct honours course. What do i need to rpepare for the exemption test??

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 2, 2007 #2
    If the title is "physics and applied physics," I would expect it includes emphasis on both due to the use of the word "and" - but you really need to contact your university to find curriculum information, since we have absolutely no way of knowing details like that.

4. Nov 2, 2007 #3
    oh ok.. i thought there was a convention among the universities or something, thanks anyway. Really appreciate your help

5. Nov 2, 2007 #4
    Nope, the core topics covered for a degree tend to be similar because of accreditation, but that only holds up to a certain point. Things like test credit are *very* dependent on the university.

6. Nov 3, 2007 #5
    ohhhh. ok. Physics has always been an interest to me, i dun hope to pursue an academic career tho, so i guess i would have to see which areas of physics best interest me ha1

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?