Physics or/and applied physics

• Thread starter Oerg
  • Start date
Hy everyone,

i will be enrolling in university for a course in physics and applied physics in abut 3/4 of a year.

Is this course a mix between the 2? or must one choose between them.

I actually plan on doing applied physics and i aim for a masters. I hope to be working in an industry. Any advice for me? ;p

Also i will be doing an exemption test before U to see if the freshmen are eligibl for an exemption from Uiniversity first year. Mine was originally a 4 year course. But its a direct honours course. What do i need to rpepare for the exemption test??

Answers and Replies

If the title is "physics and applied physics," I would expect it includes emphasis on both due to the use of the word "and" - but you really need to contact your university to find curriculum information, since we have absolutely no way of knowing details like that.

oh ok.. i thought there was a convention among the universities or something, thanks anyway. Really appreciate your help

Nope, the core topics covered for a degree tend to be similar because of accreditation, but that only holds up to a certain point. Things like test credit are *very* dependent on the university.

ohhhh. ok. Physics has always been an interest to me, i dun hope to pursue an academic career tho, so i guess i would have to see which areas of physics best interest me ha1