1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics or Robotics

1. Feb 8, 2015 #1
    Im going to start at a university after this summer, but im not quite sure what to choose.
    I get B's/10 in both mathematics and physics but i just don't know if im good enough to take physics.
    Both robotics and physics interest me alot but robotics.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 9, 2015 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

Which areas of Physics. In robotics, there's a lot of very practical physics and engineering to keep you busy as well as programming and electronics...

4. Feb 19, 2015 #3

CalcNerd

Education Advisor
    Gold Member

Do you like to see results of your labor, build toys and program? Robotics!!!
    Do you like to solve abstract problems, research into the unknown (not sci-fi, just obscure phenomena, nothing really noteworthy), just for the knowledge of science. Physics!!!

The math will be heavy with either, but Robotics would allow you to bail/expand into other fields if you want, Physics will keep you in teaching or academia, depending upon your real abilities ie you won't get a lot of options. You will teach if you leave with a BS or you can work in research with a Masters or stay in Academia and do research and find a way to publish if you want to make any money.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook