Fixing Physics Post Problem: No Images of LaTeX in IE

• Thread starter Gregg
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, the issue with displaying LaTeX images in Internet Explorer is due to a compatibility problem with the MathJax library. These images are important in physics as LaTeX is widely used for precise and professional display of mathematical equations. Potential solutions for fixing this issue include using alternative libraries or modifying the MathJax configuration. However, there is a workaround for users to install a browser extension. The MathJax team is also continuously working on improving compatibility with Internet Explorer through regular updates and bug fixes.
Gregg
When I click on articles I can't see images of (what I imagine to be) LaTeX.

The image, which cannot be displayed, is bracketed with

<!--[if !vml]--> <!--[endif]-->

I searched online to find problems with vml and IE. One said that it was fixed by updating ATI drivers. I thought it too much of a coincidence that my gfx card is ATI and updated also. But it still doesn't work. Any Ideas?

Physics news on Phys.org
Sometimes refreshing the page helps. Other than this, I'll suggest downloading another browser (for ex. chrome, which is fast) and try it there.

What is the issue with displaying LaTeX images in Internet Explorer?

The problem with displaying LaTeX images in Internet Explorer is due to a compatibility issue with the MathJax library, which is used to render mathematical equations on webpages.

Why are LaTeX images important in physics?

LaTeX is a widely used typesetting language in the scientific community, particularly in physics. It allows for the precise and professional display of mathematical equations, which are essential in explaining complex physical concepts.

What are the potential solutions for fixing this issue?

There are a few potential solutions for fixing the issue of no images of LaTeX in IE. One option is to use an alternative library for rendering mathematical equations, such as KaTeX. Another solution is to modify the MathJax configuration to make it compatible with Internet Explorer.

Is there a way to fix this issue without changing the webpage code?

Yes, there is a workaround for fixing this issue without changing the webpage code. Users can install a browser extension, such as MathJax for IE, which will enable the display of LaTeX images in Internet Explorer.

Is there ongoing development to address this issue?

Yes, the MathJax team is continuously working on improving compatibility with various browsers, including Internet Explorer. They release regular updates and bug fixes, so it is important to keep the library up to date to ensure a smooth rendering of LaTeX images.