Where Can I Find Practice Exercises for Physics Outside of Traditional Courses?

In summary, if you are looking for practice exercises to supplement your DVDs, there are many online resources and textbooks available that can provide helpful practice material. It may also be beneficial to seek advice from online communities or forums dedicated to physics.
p75213
I have recently purchased the "Physics 1" set of 2 DVD's from Math Tutor DVD - (Jason Gibson). Unfortunately the dvd's do not include a section of practice exercises. Could somebody recommend either a website or book with suitable practice exercises?

I guess I should also explain I am not undertaking a structured university course but simply attempting to gain some knowledge of physics. Prior to this I have completed a calculus course on dvd by Prof. Edward Burger. I found this much easier than reading a textbook and decided to attempt the same with physics.

Has anybody tried either of the following courses:-
1. Calculus-Based Physics by Rapidlearningcentre.com
2. General Physics - Calculus by mchmultimedia.com

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm not sure what the practice exercises will be like in these courses. For practice exercises, I would suggest looking into online resources such as Khan Academy or even YouTube channels that have physics videos. These are usually free and should provide a good source of practice. Additionally, there are many textbooks available that have practice exercises that can be used to supplement the DVDs you have purchased. I would also recommend checking out online forums or websites dedicated to physics to find more specific resources and advice.

What is the purpose of practicing physics exercises?

Practicing physics exercises helps you develop problem-solving skills, understand and apply concepts, and build intuition in the subject. It also prepares you for exams and real-world applications of physics.

How do I know which physics exercises to practice?

The best way to choose physics exercises to practice is by focusing on the topics you struggle with and selecting a variety of problems to cover different areas of the subject. You can also consult with your teacher or use practice exercises from reputable sources.

How often should I practice physics exercises?

It is recommended to practice physics exercises regularly, at least a few times a week. Consistent practice will help you retain information better and improve your problem-solving skills.

What are some effective strategies for practicing physics exercises?

Some effective strategies for practicing physics exercises include breaking down problems into smaller parts, using visual aids, working with a study group, and seeking help from your teacher or peers when needed.

How can I track my progress while practicing physics exercises?

You can track your progress by keeping a record of the exercises you have completed, noting any mistakes or areas for improvement, and regularly checking your understanding of the concepts through practice quizzes or tests.