1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics problem helpp

1. Sep 14, 2009 #1
    Physics problem helpp!!

1. A projectile is launched at a angle and it lands on the same horizontal plane. The range of this launch is 23m. The projectile is launched again at the same angle with triple the speed. What is the new range?

2. x=v0t <---- I know that finding the time would be useful, but i am not sure if this is the right equation to solve for time.

3. I know that x= 23m but i have no idea how to find the new range. After I find out what the time is I would triple it and plug it into the equation x= v0t+1/2at^2. I'm not sure if this is right!!
    Thank You if you can help me.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 14, 2009 #2

kuruman

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Re: Physics problem helpp!!

Hi tomhall, welcome to PF. We can help you, but you need to follow the rules of the forum. You need to use the homework template, show the relevant equations and tell us what you think you should do with them.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook