Ultimate Physics Problem Resource - Find Calculations for Coulomb Force & More!

In summary, the conversation revolves around the search for a comprehensive resource of physics problems for a physics teacher writing a book. The speaker asks if there is a book or list that includes all possible problems, specifically in the areas of calculating coulomb force, moments of inertia, and projectile problems. They also mention that textbook authors may refer to an almanac of physics problems, but they are unsure and feel that Schaums may be the best option. The conversation ends with a question about the level of the person asking the question.
sponsoredwalk
Does anybody know of some kind of treasure trove of physics problems?
Imagine you were a physics teacher writing a book & wanted to include a few problems on
calculating the coulomb force exerted by a ring of charge, or a line of charge etc... or wanted
to include calculations on moments of inertia of a few geometric bodies, would there be a
massive book/list of nearly all the possibilities, like all the possible problems, that you could
look in & choose a few from?
Again, with projectile problems there are many perspectives from which questions can be
asked & I'm just wondering if there's some resource that lists almost all possibilities in any
areas of physics in a very systematized fashion.
It seems to me that textbook authors refer to some almanac of physics problems,
but I could just be wrong and they modify old problems in old books by adding Alice & Bob
rhetoric. I'm afraid that Schaums are the best there is... :frown:

Physics news on Phys.org
Are you in high school or college?

What is "Physics Problem Resource"?

"Physics Problem Resource" is a platform or tool designed to provide a collection of physics problems for students and researchers to practice and test their understanding of various concepts in physics.

How can "Physics Problem Resource" help me as a student?

As a student, "Physics Problem Resource" can help you by providing a wide range of physics problems to practice, thus improving your understanding and problem-solving skills. It can also serve as a revision tool for exams.

Is "Physics Problem Resource" suitable for all levels of physics?

Yes, "Physics Problem Resource" is designed to cater to students and researchers of all levels, from high school to university. It offers problems ranging from basic concepts to advanced topics in physics.

Can I customize the type of problems I want to practice on "Physics Problem Resource"?

Yes, "Physics Problem Resource" allows you to filter and customize the type of problems you want to practice based on topics, difficulty level, and specific concepts. This feature makes it a versatile resource for learning and revision.

Is "Physics Problem Resource" a free platform?

It depends on the specific platform or website you are using. Some "Physics Problem Resource" platforms may offer their services for free, while others may require a subscription or payment for access to a wider range of problems and features.