Physics Project Help: Plotting Py vs Px vs Time and V1 Potential vs Time"

In summary, the goal of the project is to plot py vs px vs time and use v1 px to plot v1 potential vs time using the provided data. To convert the data to components px and py, the equations Px = P*Cos(theta) and Py = P*Sin(theta) can be used. The project has caused confusion and a graph similar to the provided photo is not correct.
tinker99

Homework Statement

I am supposed to use the data provided to plot py vs px vs time and use v1 px to plot v1 potential vs time.

Homework Equations

I am assuming I must use w=theta/time for py/px

and this is where I am stuck is py/px the same think, or is there a separate equation for those? or is it the provided P in the project?

The Attempt at a Solution

This project has me really confused at the moment so this post may not make a lot of sense. I have uploaded the project.

Attachments

• Project 3.pdf
    389.8 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I am supposed to use the data provided to plot py vs px vs time and use v1 px to plot v1 potential vs time.

If I've understood correctly it actually says to plot..

Py vs Px

The table gives values for theta and P which you can convert to components Px and Py. See the diagram to the right of the table.

So, to get to px and py, would I use an equation involving theta and P? Or how would I do that?

Yes. I would suggest ...

Px = P*Cos(theta)
Py = P*Sin(theta)

Try a spreadsheet?

PS: I'm not at all familiar with heart monitoring!

umm..does anybody know if my graph should look like this?

Sorry had the wrong graph. (it should not look like the graph in this photo)

Attachments

• physics project.pdf
    84.2 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:

1. What is the purpose of plotting Py vs Px vs Time and V1 Potential vs Time in a physics project?

The purpose of plotting Py vs Px vs Time and V1 Potential vs Time is to visualize the relationship between the momentum components (Py and Px) and time, as well as the potential energy (V1) and time. This can help in understanding the dynamics and changes in a system over time.

2. How do you plot Py vs Px vs Time and V1 Potential vs Time in a physics project?

To plot Py vs Px vs Time and V1 Potential vs Time, you need to have data for Py, Px, V1, and time. Then, you can use a graphing software or program like Excel or Python to input the data and generate a graph with Py and Px on the x-axis, V1 on the y-axis, and time as the independent variable.

3. What information can be obtained from plotting Py vs Px vs Time and V1 Potential vs Time?

Plotting Py vs Px vs Time and V1 Potential vs Time can provide information about the behavior and changes in the momentum components and potential energy of a system over time. It can also show any patterns or trends in the data, such as oscillations or linear relationships.

4. How does plotting Py vs Px vs Time and V1 Potential vs Time relate to the laws of physics?

The laws of physics, such as the conservation of momentum and energy, can be observed and verified through the data plotted in Py vs Px vs Time and V1 Potential vs Time. For example, if the system is isolated, the total momentum and energy should remain constant over time.

5. Can plotting Py vs Px vs Time and V1 Potential vs Time be useful in real-life applications?

Yes, plotting Py vs Px vs Time and V1 Potential vs Time can be useful in various real-life applications, such as studying the motion of objects, analyzing the behavior of particles in a physical system, and understanding the dynamics of chemical reactions. It can also be used in engineering and design to optimize processes and systems.