1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics project

1. Apr 26, 2014 #1
    Hello,

I have to do a physics practical project for one of my courses. The problem is i can't come up with ideas for the practical. I'm leaning towards classical mechanics. I was wondering you could help me come up with something? If i posted this in the wrong section im sorry but it wasn't really clear where this kind of question belongs.

Thanks in advance!

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 26, 2014 #2

462chevelle

Gold Member

Depends on your idea of complexity. I think a water rocket would be pretty sweet, or a vortex cannon.

4. Apr 26, 2014 #3
    Im currently in my first year of university so im familiar with most of calculus and most of classical mechanics. I think a water rock or a vortex cannon would be cool but unfortunately we don't have a big budget and limited equiqment haha. We first had the idea of testing a oval chainring in bycicles to see if it is better but the human factor in it was too great. So maybe that could give you an idea of how complex it approximately can be.

5. May 1, 2014 #4
    You don't need a big budget to build those.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook