Physics question circuit and resistance?

In summary, you need to find R from the figure and use KCL to determine the current sources' contributions.
Questions999
Find R and build a circuit which has an only current source and an only resistance.
My attempt :
Obv I thought about applying Kirchhoff's circuit law.The first one.
Then I thought about finding the total resistance which from the figure is 1/Re=1/25 +/100 so Re is 20 Ohm.The problem is that for applying K's law I have to find R,but how do I find it?

IMPORTANT : IN THE FIGURE,THE TENSION IN R IS 30 SINT Volt.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    8.4 KB · Views: 358
Physics news on Phys.org
One way to proceed is to combine (simplify) all the items of known values to begin with and redraw the simplified circuit. You've already shown that the two known resistors can be combined into a single resistance of 20Ω. Can you do the same for the current sources? How does the siplified circuit look then?

That is the point,how do I combine them,with the K's law?

Elaia06 said:
That is the point,how do I combine them,with the K's law?

KCL at the top and bottom nodes. What are the contributions of the two current sources? Can you represent their contributions with a single source connected to those nodes?

Why don't you do it for me,consider it an early Thanksgiving present.Life is so hard.Why did I even choose engineering? I should be paid based on my awesomeness :D *sobs and schedules new appointment at the shrink*

Elaia06 said:
Why don't you do it for me,consider it an early Thanksgiving present.Life is so hard.Why did I even choose engineering? I should be paid based on my awesomeness :D *sobs and schedules new appointment at the shrink*

Alas, this is not a forum where your homework is done for you. We can but offer hints, clarifications, suggestions, and so on, while you must put in the effort and do the work.

1. What is an electrical circuit?

An electrical circuit is a closed loop or pathway through which electricity can flow. It typically consists of a power source, conductors, and loads, such as light bulbs or motors.

2. What is resistance?

Resistance is the measure of how much a material or device impedes the flow of electricity. It is measured in ohms (Ω) and is affected by factors such as the material, length, and cross-sectional area of the conductor.

3. How do you calculate resistance in a circuit?

Resistance can be calculated using Ohm's law, which states that resistance (R) is equal to the voltage (V) divided by the current (I), or R = V/I. It can also be calculated using the formula R = ρL/A, where ρ is the resistivity of the material, L is the length of the conductor, and A is the cross-sectional area.

4. What is the relationship between resistance and current in a circuit?

According to Ohm's law, resistance and current have an inverse relationship. This means that as resistance increases, current decreases, and vice versa. This relationship can be represented by the equation I = V/R, where I is the current, V is the voltage, and R is the resistance.

5. How does resistance affect the functioning of a circuit?

Resistance plays a crucial role in determining the amount of current that flows through a circuit. Higher resistance can cause a decrease in current, which can affect the overall functioning of the circuit. It can also lead to the generation of heat, which can be harmful to electronic components.