• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Physics REUs 2017

I have been accepted into a SURF at Caltech and at Fermilab!!

Congragulations! How did you get notified about the Caltech SURF program @CassiniDivision? I have not gotten an official rejection email yet.

Congragulations! How did you get notified about the Caltech SURF program @CassiniDivision? I have not gotten an official rejection email yet.
It was in an email directly from the mentor that I would possibly be working with. He did say he got the ball rolling on his choices a little earlier than everyone else, though I am supposed to give him an answer in the next few days. I'm still not sure which program to pick. So, there is still time to be accepted!

AMNH REU is interviewing finalists (113 students - they didn't say how many applied), but only halfway through the list as of Friday.

Still haven't heard back from NRAO or Harvard SAO. :frown: Anyone have updates on those programs?

I heard from NRAO but had to decline (Charlottesville, VA). I went to Harvard SAO last year and they didn't approach me until mid March. I'm not sure if that's because I was low on their list or because they had to go through a lot of applications and were behind. It did not sound like I was last.

Thanks for the info. When did you hear from NRAO, if you don't mind me asking?

Not at all! I heard from the NRAO two days ago, and declined yesterday.

Arecibo sent out letters - over 200 applicants.

@Alexmer I applied to JLab too and I haven't heard back yet.

FYI- one of my close friends at my university was accepted to the University of Chicago about a week ago. I thought someone wanted to know about that REU...

Likes Joshua L
Welp. That someone was me. Guess I have three more to wait for...

Thanks for that update.

Has GeorgiaTech sent out replies yet? or Cornell?

Cornell's CLASSE REU has filled, as has their astrophysics/Astronomy one

I've been accepted to AMNH for astro! It was my top choice program and I got rejected everywhere else, jajaja... :partytime:

puddleduck did you hear a definite no from SAO? Or has anyone else heard back from them either way?

Yes, I heard back from the SAO Summer Intern program a few weeks ago, and heard back from the Harvard SAO Solar program a few days ago.

I just got a rejection from Georgia Tech.

I got accepted to an REU tonight, so those of you who are still waiting don't give up hope yet.

Has anyone heard from IRIS about their REU program?