1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics schools outside US

1. May 18, 2014 #1
    I am an indian student finishing my undergrad this year and planing to apply for masters or Phd.

Are there any notable and well known physics schools other than the ones US that i can consider applying to ?

Like what are the options available other than US schools for masters program.

Zurich is one well known, PI institute in canada too. any other suggestions ?

famous schools in places like germany , sweden etc ?

Thanks in advance.

2. jcsd
  3. May 18, 2014 #2

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

Many! Too many to list them all.

To be more specific, it would help to know the areas of physics you are interested in.

4. May 19, 2014 #3
    There's tons of great ones in the UK. Cambridge, Bath, Bristol, Warwick. As said, it really depends on you but I thought I would put out a few.

P.s. At Cambridge you can do the Tripos Part III which is a one year course and, although I haven't done it, I hear is very interesting and challenging.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook