Physics & Science assignment

Homework Statement

I'm starting on 2 assignments which is Science and Physics and I have to come up with a theme/practical investigation to talk about on my chosen topics.

Homework Equations

What is an interesting topic to talk about which I can gather a lot of information on? I have chosen Atoms for Science and sound waves for Physics.

The Attempt at a Solution

I thought of questions such as "If nobody is looking at something then does it exist?" but I'm really not sure how far I can go on that with information.

I'm not asking for anyone to help me with my assignments so I'm hoping to just get some advice.

- Nicky

Answers and Replies

berkeman
Mentor

Homework Statement

I'm starting on 2 assignments which is Science and Physics and I have to come up with a theme/practical investigation to talk about on my chosen topics.

Homework Equations

What is an interesting topic to talk about which I can gather a lot of information on? I have chosen Atoms for Science and sound waves for Physics.

The Attempt at a Solution

I thought of questions such as "If nobody is looking at something then does it exist?" but I'm really not sure how far I can go on that with information.

I'm not asking for anyone to help me with my assignments so I'm hoping to just get some advice.

- Nicky
Welcome to the PF.

The questions you have proposed are very advanced -- can you propose some topics that are more appropriate for your level of schooling? :smile:

Welcome to the PF.

The questions you have proposed are very advanced -- can you propose some topics that are more appropriate for your level of schooling? :smile:
I'm sure I'll be fine as these topics are unavoidable with the course I'm on. I would appreciate help on some questions only, thank you.

berkeman
Mentor
I'm sure I'll be fine as these topics are unavoidable with the course I'm on. I would appreciate help on some questions only, thank you.
For this assignment, it would help us to know what your level in school is. :smile:

berkeman
Mentor
For example, this would involve upper-division college and graduate school-level Physics discussions. Is that where you are in your schooling right now?

For example, this would involve upper-division college and graduate school-level Physics discussions. Is that where you are in your schooling right now?
Sorry it's taken me to reply and I've thought of the topics I am going to talk about which is the Titanic and what we could of done to avoid 1500+ from dying.

The criteria is in attachment but I've got a question if I was too use the material and say like if we used like Titanium or something as such what subject would I be looking at too prove that it would of probably change things? Would I just go ahead at looking at the material properties?

Sorry that my grammar isn't that great and if you need anything rephrasing I'd be happy too.

Nicky

Attachments

1. Homework Statement
Ok, I've opened up a post before but people were confused on what I was trying to achieve. I'm doing a science assignment and it asks the question "What if the Titanic was made of Titanium, would it have still sunk?"

2. Homework Equations
I've got things wrote down but it's really bad ans struggling on words to find, could anyone read throughmy pathetic attempt and give me some advice on where to go next,

3. The Attempt at a Solution
Oh you'll definitely see my attempt, hah.

-Nicky

Was deleted for double posting, so copied and pasted here.

Attachments