1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics study methods

1. Dec 8, 2008 #1
    Hello

I'm physics, at present I am graduate student, my performance is very low, I belive that the fail is the method of study, can help me to improve my performance, please telling me how you study physics, what methods you use?, how you prepare an exam?

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 8, 2008 #2

Dr Transport

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Problems, lot of problems. Try them, if you can't get a solution, try another..... To study for your qualifying exams, you need to do a couple of thousand problems.

4. Dec 13, 2008 #3
    Please share their method, this help a lot of people

5. Dec 13, 2008 #4

Dr Transport

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

What method? Sit down with your text in the library and start working a problem. If you get stuck, try looking in another text for some more theory put forth in another manner. Read and write out the general principles. When you are really stuck, try talking to your professor or another student.

THe more you work problems, the better you'll get, it just takes time and effort.

6. Dec 13, 2008 #5
    There are method and basic tips. But since your in grad, you should no it. There's no easy methods...

Feynman's problem solving method. Read the question, think really hard then write down the answer.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?