1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics Summer Programs

1. Feb 24, 2014 #1
    I am currently a high school student (10th grade) and am looking for any summer programs relating to physics, particularly astrophysics.

I was already accepted into a program at PARI through Duke, but this goes 6/16-6/30, and many programs I have found start before or during that.

So does anyone know of any programs that start after that? I applied for a 5 day program at the NSCL through MSU that starts in August, but the results don't come back until April, and I don't want to wait and hope I get lucky… Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 25, 2014 #2
    I would also be interested in stuff like that.

4. Feb 27, 2014 #3
    Bump. Really want some info.

5. Feb 27, 2014 #4
    I don't have anything Physics-based (though maybe look into your state's Governors' program, whatever it is), but if you've done up through precalculus and trigonometry, you can look into doing Mathcamp. Goes from July 5th to August 10th. Calculus experience is preferred, but it's a great experience and you can choose your classes, picking ones relevant to physics and whatnot. Plus, alumni are automatically invited back for following years.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook