Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics themed dinner

1. May 23, 2009 #1
    My physicist father is retiring next month and we want to throw him a physics themed dinner. Does anyone have any ideas for food? Or any other tips? This is a family only dinner so there will only be around five people there.

2. jcsd
  3. May 23, 2009 #2
    What branch of physics was he involved in? Or was he maybe a physics professor?

4. May 23, 2009 #3

Danger

Gold Member

Serve the wine in Klein bottles.
    Twist the bacon into Mobius bands.

ah... that's all I've got for now. I'll think on it a bit.

5. May 23, 2009 #4
    Thanks for the replies!

He's had a long career... but he's now in industrial physics, and one of his specialties is self repairing materials.

When I was growing up he was constantly saying 'physics is everywhere' so I reckon anything physics related would be great.

6. May 23, 2009 #5

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

We had a thread on this topic not too long ago. I tried a search, but couldn't find it.

But you know...Fig Newtons are a must. And if you are really precise, watch your Sig Fig Newtons.

7. May 23, 2009 #6
    Maybe Microwave Dinners?

For a mad scientist theme you could use dried ice for the drinks which will make them look like this...
    469024915_f371f783a1.jpg

And you can make ice cream for dessert using liquid nitrogen. I think you should be able to have a bar of ingredients and mix and serve to order though that may take alot more liquid nitrogen then making a single large batch.

8. May 24, 2009 #7
    PIE!!!!!

Edit: Won't let me capitalize the whole word, what's up with that?

Edit 2: Apparently it will when I add more text.

9. May 24, 2009 #8
    Thanks for the ideas - definitely some food for thought!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook