1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics toy?~

1. Mar 16, 2004 #1
    Hello people!~

I have a latest Physics assignment in which I'm stuck! Can anyone advise me on how to go about doing it?

The instructions are as follows:

1) Select any Physics Toy.
    2) Explain the Physics Principle(s) that is/are illustrated by the toy.
    3) Suggest one or more improvements that can be made to the toy and design how the improvement(s) can be incorporated.
    4) There is no need to manufacture the toy but a drawing of the improved design must be included.

What type of Physics Toy can I choose so that I can attain a good grade?

Love, Miyu.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 16, 2004 #2
    How about that little car that goes at a constant speed and shoots a ball straight up (relative to itself) so the ball falls back into the little tube?

cookiemonster

4. Mar 16, 2004 #3

Janitor

Science Advisor

Do they still make tops these days? I suppose that demonstrates gyroscopic precession.

5. Mar 16, 2004 #4
    If not, you could always find a dradle...

cookiemonster

6. Mar 19, 2004 #5

Nik

7. Mar 19, 2004 #6
    I have the Powerball. You could make it better by implementing some other device to start it rather than that annoying cord you have to stick and pull. [:p]

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?