1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics Tutor

1. Oct 16, 2009 #1
    Hello,
    I"m struggling with physics at the Grade 12 level. I'm in my 30's and haven't looked at physics or trigonometry for at least 20 years! Has anyone ever used a tutor before and had success with this method of learning? I'm considering hiring a tutor, but i'm not sure how often I should meet with them etc? Any suggestions would be welcome. Thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 16, 2009 #2

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

The problem in what you ask is that a tutor cannot do your learning for you. If you have not touched Algebra and Trigonometry in 20 years, then you need to study these again for several weeks or more to build up your strength and skills. Once you do this, THEN maybe a tutor could help you with difficulties in Physics (or also in mathematical skills for physics).

4. Oct 16, 2009 #3
    I don't normally post commercial links, but these videos are very good:

http://www.mathtutordvd.com/

He is very methodical in his approach - good for someone who is struggling with the material.

5. Oct 16, 2009 #4

Andy Resnick

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

May I ask why you are learning Physics at this point? Is it part of a larger educational plan, or just for fun (for example)?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook