Physicsforums has changed drastically

• Thread starter MathematicalPhysicist
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the longevity and success of Physics Forums, an online forum where people can seek help and discuss various scientific topics. The speaker expresses nostalgia for when they first joined in 2001 and notes the forum's growth into a platform with experts in many fields. They also mention the forum's administrator, Greg, who has multiple projects but remains dedicated to PF. The conversation concludes with a lighthearted exchange about Greg's role as the "constitutional monarch" of PF.
MathematicalPhysicist
Gold Member
when i see at israeli forums, people who link to physicsforums (and also to the articles webpage) for help in maths, science and so on it makes me feel kind of nostalgic when i first registered here (i think it was in 2001), although in the past year i was absent from here i feel that this forum will keep running at least until greg (who is still the adminstrator,right?) finds himself with another project.

anyway, from an amatuer help forum to become a forum with experts on almost every scientific topic is achievement that should be reckoned with.

cheers!
:smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
loop quantum gravity said:
although in the past year i was absent from here

Welcome back!

i feel that this forum will keep running at least until greg (who is still the adminstrator,right?)

Yep, along with chroot.

finds himself with another project.

Greg seems to keep just adding more projects to his plate without dropping any. I don't know much about his other projects, but he has shown a lot of dedication to this one which grew from very humble beginnings.

Long live PF.

loop quantum gravity said:
when i see at israeli forums, people who link to physicsforums (and also to the articles webpage) for help in maths, science and so on it makes me feel kind of nostalgic when i first registered here (i think it was in 2001), although in the past year i was absent from here i feel that this forum will keep running at least until greg (who is still the adminstrator,right?) finds himself with another project.

Awesome! I know it's crazy! Sometimes I'll look back using archive.org and it's truly incredible how far we've come in such little time. Welcome back!

forum will keep running at least until greg (who is still the adminstrator,right?) finds himself with another project.

Haha, trust me I have many many other projects in the mix. PF is held together by the incredible staff we have. These days I'm more like an honorary figure :smile:

Greg Bernhardt said:
Haha, trust me I have many many other projects in the mix. PF is held together by the incredible staff we have. These days I'm more like an honorary figure :smile:

Yeah, Greg is our constitutional monarch. We let him wear a crown every now and then.

<runs and hides>

Zz.

What changes have been made to Physicsforums?

The layout and design of the website has been updated, along with the organization of the forums and the addition of new features such as a news section and a blog.

Why did Physicsforums make these changes?

The changes were made in order to improve the overall user experience and make the site more organized and user-friendly.

Will these changes affect my previous posts and discussions on the forum?

No, all previous posts and discussions will still be accessible and can be found in their respective forums. However, some older features may no longer be available.

Are there any new features that have been added?

Yes, there is now a news section where users can find the latest updates and developments in the world of physics, as well as a blog where members can share their thoughts and insights on various topics.

How can I provide feedback or suggestions for the new changes?

There is a designated forum for feedback and suggestions where users can share their thoughts and ideas. Additionally, users can also contact the site administrators directly through the contact form.