Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

PhysicsForums t-shirts

1. Apr 7, 2009 #1
    I think a good way to raise revenue for hosting/server fees would be to sell PhysicsForums.com t-shirts. I'd buy one, and wear it loud and proud. Unless they cost like $35, then I wouldn't.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 7, 2009 #2
    They use to sell them, I still have mine, and a baseball style cap. For 2.2 million dollars I would give them up.

4. Apr 7, 2009 #3

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

You can see the front in this picture. It's the shirt on the left (as you're looking at it); not the shirt on the right.
    https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=665680&postcount=1707

It says, "Where would Albert Einstein hang out if was alive?"

The back is different than the front. It gives the answer to the question.

I won't tell you the answer since you have to buy the shirt to find out.

I can't remember how much it cost. I bought it from some guy on a street corner that had no streetlight. Hopefully, he was able to buy one before it got dark.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  5. Apr 7, 2009 #4
    :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

6. Apr 7, 2009 #5
    I'm still planning on bringing back the store, stay tuned.

7. Apr 7, 2009 #6
    Can we have a T-shirt design competition?

8. Apr 7, 2009 #7

Danger

Gold Member

Hold off on that until I can get a version of Illustrator that works on my Intel Mac.

9. Apr 7, 2009 #8

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

We have to design a T-shirt that's always wet.

That means including either a self-watering device or something that increases the temperature enough that the wearer sweats a lot.

10. Apr 7, 2009 #9
    Let's see, it's a PhysicsForums shirt that doesn't say PhysicsForums anywhere. It asks some silly question about where Einstein the famous Physicist would hang, but it never mentions PhysicsForums. That's kind of strange, but so be it. But where would he hang? I suppose he would hang where he could discuss Physics with other Physicists, but where would that be? I give up.

11. Apr 7, 2009 #10

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

If the shirt did say PhysicsFora somewhere, half the people you meet would exclaim with shock, "I didn't know Einstein was a Psychic!"

12. Apr 7, 2009 #11
    So it doesn't say PhysicsFora. That narrows it down considerably.

13. Apr 7, 2009 #12
    Could always have PF wet T-shirt competition. Who looks best in a wet PF T-shirt? I doubt anyone will be able to rob me of the title :rofl:

14. Apr 7, 2009 #13
    2.2 million eh? Is that like the extreme price gouging that happens on old, discontinued items in some MMORPGs?

15. Apr 7, 2009 #14
    You should have it such that users can get their name on their shirt, so when I'm walking down the street and a pretty blonde has a PF shirt on, I can say, "It's MIH!".

16. Apr 7, 2009 #15
    That would be sick Cyrus. Like jersey's. PF-Side gang jersey's.

PF represent! Ha, haha.

17. Apr 7, 2009 #16

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I don't wear t-shirts. :frown: How about a canvas bag? I use those.

On an embarrassing note, my company is giving away free solar powered backpacks, they power your electronic devices. o_O

18. Apr 7, 2009 #17

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm sure you would look better in a T-shirt. :confused:

19. Apr 7, 2009 #18

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I don't wear the typical male T-shirt either...seriously, we should have a more feminine version available. Maybe just a simple V-neck, short sleve shirt? Much more attractive on the female form.

I would definately buy one!

20. Apr 7, 2009 #19
    Screw t-shirts, I want a solar powered backpack! Evo, what do I gotta do to get one of those!

21. Apr 7, 2009 #20

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I wonder if I can get a bunch of these, they would be great for college students and people that go hiking or camping. Why we are giving them to CEO's of companies that only wear designer suits, I have no idea.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook