PhysicsForums t-shirts

• Thread starter Topher925
  • Start date
dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Now that's a good idea. How many avatars are there here on PF? Maybe a T-shirt with all the mentors avatars to start. And a new shirt design each year.

DaveC426913
Gold Member
10 char

Attachments

That's brilliant, Dave. Did you do that? The only element of that t-shirt that troubles me is how the word "fwap" could be interpreted. Because I know what immediately sprang to my mind when I saw it. Now, yes, I realise you mean the fish, but still. "Thwak", maybe instead? Because otherwise, people could very well be led to believe the PFers do bizarre things with fish, presumably, while alone. Or worse, when not alone.

Evo
Mentor
Ahahaha!! I love it Dave!!

I agree with Georgina, Thwack, might be better.

DaveC426913
Gold Member
That's brilliant, Dave. Did you do that? The only element of that t-shirt that troubles me is how the word "fwap" could be interpreted. Because I know what immediately sprang to my mind when I saw it. Now, yes, I realise you mean the fish, but still. "Thwak", maybe instead? Because otherwise, people could very well be led to believe the PFers do bizarre things with fish, presumably, while alone. Or worse, when not alone.
Better?

Does FWAP have some special meaning of which I am unaware?

[EDIT omg. I had no idea.]

Attachments

Better?

Does FWAP have some special meaning of which I am unaware?

[EDIT omg. I had no idea.]
Oh gosh yes. That's lovely.

And, in response to the edit: see?

Dembadon
Gold Member
... Does FWAP have some special meaning of which I am unaware? ...
I was ignorant of its meaning as well. :bugeye:

Love the shirt, though.

You should have a black t-shirt with the words physics forums in green blue and white on the top right pec/breast. I think that would be classy, and I'd buy one.

You could do in the center (and bigger letters) too.

You should have a black t-shirt with the words physics forums in green blue and white on the top right pec/breast. I think that would be classy, and I'd buy one.

You could do in the center (and bigger letters) too.
Chalk me up for a black on as well and I'm in for at least one. Hoodies are nice too. :wink:

Edit: Just Googled 'fwap'... wow.

We've always had these
Okay, truly, Greg, do those exist? If so, where do we get them?

And, also, how do y'all not know what "fwap" means?

Okay, truly, Greg, do those exist? If so, where do we get them?

And, also, how do y'all not know what "fwap" means?
How do you know what "fwap" means?

I was wondering the exact same thing... I had to go look it up on urbandictoinary.com LOL. Who the heck says that?

You must trust urbandictionary.com though it's 100% accurate. I mean how can I argue with this:

1. kevin
basicilly a kid with a &*^% &*(). looks great, smells great, and all the ladies want him. great at sports also. great sense of humor.
Gee i am so jealous of Kevin, with three girls around his arm.

How is kevin good looking and smart at the same time?.
3. kevin
a male that performs great intercourse on a female
the other night my boyfriend performed "kevin" on me
So far pretty much every definition I read of my name is SPOT ON. (no joke!)

Here's the best one which may or may not be true,
7.kevin
someone who has probably porked your mom
Love my name shirt collection:
http://www.zazzle.ca/custom_urban_dictionary_tshirt_light-235245270191392084

EDIT: I noticed that you can't read what it says on the shirt I chose in the link, it's a shame though, because it's a pretty cool shirt.

Years of hanging out on gaming message boards populated by adolescent and teenaged guys. :biggrin:

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Chalk me up for a black on as well and I'm in for at least one. Hoodies are nice too. :wink:

Edit: Just Googled 'fwap'... wow.
Yeah...there's a word for *everything*.

Years of hanging out on gaming message boards populated by adolescent and teenaged guys. :biggrin:
Lol that's weird, I would have considered myself as a teenage guy who played video games and I had never heard this word befoe hahahaha.

Borek
Mentor
You play wrong games perhaps.

DaveC426913
Gold Member
...how the word "fwap" could be interpreted. Because I know what immediately sprang to my mind ...
...I agree with Georgina, Thwack, might be better.
Yeah...there's a word for *everything*.
Stop it! You girls do not know of such things, and certainly don't think about them. You're all 22 and too dedicated to bother yourselves with smut.

Lol that's weird, I would have considered myself as a teenage guy who played video games and I had never heard this word befoe hahahaha.
Oh no, not "video games", MMORPGs. Had to troll the boards to know where to find all of the oober loot and trade and organise quests and whatnot. All very serious stuff.

And yes, I am/was going through a second childhood. Or maybe I'm just getting around to going through it now. I was a very precocious child. :wink:

Lol yeah, I used to play MMORPGs all the time, until the turks invaded and I couldn't understand a thing :/. I still play counterstrike and that stuff ... no mention of FWAP! hahahahahahaha.

weirdest thing I've ever seen you say Georgina. Just because I perceive you as ... "older"...

weirdest thing I've ever seen you say Georgina. Just because I perceive you as ... "older"...
Which one was the weirdest thing? I'm curious. And what do you mean by "older"? :smile:

Borek
Mentor
When you are seven any teenager seems to be "older".

This thread just became awkward.

This thread just became awkward.
Oh good heavens, why? I'm laughing on this end and just curious. I'm likely the same age or older than the mothers of a lot of people here. No awkward. :smile:

Soo... . Uhh how about those t-shirts?