Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physicsresource.com

1. Nov 11, 2003 #1
    I would like to announce a new site to our Physics Forums Network. The site is physicsresource.com. As always it is a dynamic user built site. Our goal is for it to become a massive reference library. It is built very much like PF and it even uses the PF memberbase so you don't need to register since your already a member. Basicly you'll be able to post your favorite or interesting articles from around the web. People can discuss them and rate them accordingly. Again it's not a place for links to complete websites, but instead specific articles that can be discussed. Please check it out, submit a few links and I think you'll find it to be a great resource.

http://www.physicsresource.com

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 11, 2003 #2

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

Way to go Greg. Is there a centralized place to go to all these neat projects your cooking up. I would never have guessed that website existed if I didn't look under Announcements.

One comment though - the font too small. I'm looking at the css file and it is mostly 8,9 pt font with the exception the of .medium and .large. Your forcing me to use zoom text under mozilla just to view the site without straining my eyes.

4. Nov 11, 2003 #3

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I don't want to be a spoiler, since I've been here since the beginning and it has always been named 'Physics' forums.. but wouldn't a name change be appropriate to include all the other fields that are discussed besides physics just wonderin'

GREAT going though! On the expansions!

5. Nov 11, 2003 #4
    thanks dduardo,

I'm thinking of putting a head bar on all three sites that connect to each other.

Change the name and we mess our branding and search indexes up. anyway everything is a level of physics :smile:

6. Nov 11, 2003 #5

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yes, that is also what I figured

GUT is what they call it right? :wink: Our site has GUTs

7. Nov 11, 2003 #6

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

For those wondering: I mean General Unified Theory :P

8. Nov 11, 2003 #7

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

WHEW! Glad to see that Greg imported all the articles we posted at "Physics Napster". I went to www.physicsnapster.com and nearly had a heart attack when I found it was gone.

9. Nov 11, 2003 #8

FZ+

Very neat, Greg. What's next, physicsgoogle? :wink:

10. Nov 11, 2003 #9
    Lets just say the "think tank" isn't empty yet :smile:

11. Nov 12, 2003 #10

Bystander

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Greg-
    Did you really intend for this to be the only "live" link --- the pinned announcements at the head of each forum are ssssooooo dead.

12. Nov 13, 2003 #11
    greg does it mean you will post the physicspost.com articles abstract in physicsresource.com instead of physicsforums.com?

13. Nov 13, 2003 #12
    I'm not sure I understand you. :smile:

Likely not.

14. Nov 13, 2003 #13

Bystander

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

The link in the opening post of this thread is live; the links in your announcements at the tops of the individual forums are not; e.g., go to gen. phys., and try to connect to PR from the link in the announcement post pinned to the top of the forum.

15. Nov 14, 2003 #14

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think Greg forgot to click on "Automatically parse URLs". So, people have to copy and paste it into their browser's Address window.

16. Dec 5, 2003 #15
    Yeah I don't know why it does that. but anyway, it's not too tough to copy and paste in or click on our network bar at the top

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?