Physion - 2D Physics Simulation

In summary, Physion is a 2D physics simulation program available for both Windows and Linux. It is free to download and offers features similar to Phun/Algodoo. It also has a scripting capability and has been praised for its usefulness. However, there has been no recent news or updates on the software.
dxanthopoulos
Hello everyone,

Physion is a 2D Physics simulation program. It is quite difficult to explain its features and how exactly it works so please watch the videos below to get the main idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P32UHa-3BfU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgbH7_Gc8fE

Physion is available for both Windows (win32) and Linux (32bit and 64bit), it is 100% free and you can http://physion.net/en/downloads" .

Feedback and suggestions are more than welcome.

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Looks good.

So it's like Phun/Algodoo, but free? Neat :)

Femme_physics said:
So it's like Phun/Algodoo, but free? Neat :)

Phun isn't free anymore? Yikes! (Well, I last used it over 2 years ago... so I guess that explains why I'm not up to date on this.)

Thanks for the alternative, dxanthopoulos! I'll have to check it out (and I love that you have Tux in there!).

They're commercialized phun as Algodoo, yep. IMO Physion seems just as useful in accomplishing the ideas Phun could.

That looks neat. And I agree, it's great to see Tux in there. (I'm sort of a Penguinista physics geek...posting from a Linux box right now)

Last edited:
This is a really amazing software! Not just a simulator... even a scriptable simulator!
Why does it look as died and nobody is talking about it since 2 years? Maybe a different project was born from it and I'm not aware of it?

News?

1. What is Physion - 2D Physics Simulation?

Physion - 2D Physics Simulation is a software tool that allows users to simulate and experiment with various 2D physical phenomena using realistic physics laws and principles.

2. What are the benefits of using Physion - 2D Physics Simulation?

Using Physion - 2D Physics Simulation allows users to gain a better understanding of physics concepts through hands-on experimentation, without the limitations and potential dangers of real-life experiments. It also allows for easy visualization and manipulation of variables to observe their effects on the simulation.

3. Is Physion - 2D Physics Simulation suitable for all ages?

Yes, Physion - 2D Physics Simulation is suitable for all ages as it provides a user-friendly interface and a wide range of simulations that can be tailored to different levels of complexity.

4. Can I create my own simulations using Physion - 2D Physics Simulation?

Yes, Physion - 2D Physics Simulation allows users to create their own simulations from scratch or modify existing ones. This feature allows for endless possibilities for experimentation and learning.

5. Is Physion - 2D Physics Simulation only for educational purposes?

No, while Physion - 2D Physics Simulation is commonly used for educational purposes, it can also be used for entertainment and even for practical applications such as engineering or game development.