Image Not Clickable? Physorg1.gif Issue

• Thread starter mgb_phys
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses potential reasons why an image may not be clickable, including coding errors, issues with the image file, or problems with the device or browser being used. Possible solutions include checking the code, opening the image in a different program, or clearing cache and cookies. It is also noted that an image cannot be made clickable without using code and it can be in various formats as long as it is not corrupt. The issue is not related to internet connection.
mgb_phys
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
I'm getting an image 'physorg1.gif' appearing immediately after the first post in each thread, but it's not a clickable link?

Physics news on Phys.org
I'll explain on friday :smile: For the meantime I'm testing things out.

1. Why is the image not clickable?

There could be several reasons why the image is not clickable. It could be due to a coding error, an issue with the image file itself, or a problem with the device or browser you are using to view the image.

2. How can I fix the issue of the image not being clickable?

If the issue is due to a coding error, you can try checking the code to make sure it is correctly written. If the issue is with the image file, you can try opening the file in a different program and saving it again. If the issue is with your device or browser, try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different device or browser.

3. Can I make the image clickable without changing the code?

It is not possible to make an image clickable without using code. The image needs to have a hyperlink attached to it in order for it to be clickable.

4. Is there a specific format the image needs to be in for it to be clickable?

The image can be in various formats such as JPEG, PNG, or GIF and still be clickable. However, it is important to make sure the image is not corrupt or damaged in any way, as this could prevent it from being clickable.

5. Can the issue of the image not being clickable be caused by my internet connection?

No, the issue of the image not being clickable is not related to your internet connection. It is more likely due to a coding error, an issue with the image file, or a problem with the device or browser you are using to view the image.