Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Pick a descriptive nickname

1. Mar 23, 2009 #1

wolram

Gold Member

Pick a descriptive nickname or ask some one to give to you one,

Wise, Fox, Fool, Grey Cloak, Hairy Britches, Flat Nose, Hog-head, Broad-paunch, Short, Stout, Fair, Dark, Halftroll, Forkbeard, Hairy-cheek, Bald, Beardless, Tangle-hair, Trout, Seal, Blood-axe, War Tooth, Long Reach, Iron Sword, Skull-splitter, Hot-head, Trunk-back, Ironside, Anvil-head, Fearless, Gold bearer, Ring Giver, Grim, Silent, Smooth-tongued, Word-master, Adder-tongue, Braggart, Crow, Eagle, Healer, Trollwise, Strong-minded, Deep-minded, Boneless.
    I like Trollwise.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 23, 2009 #2

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Re: Nickname

Sounds like the secret code names of the Grade 4 boy scouts club.

4. Mar 23, 2009 #3

Danger

Gold Member

Do I have to pick from your list? The name on my baseball uniform was 'Weasel', which was actually quite appropriate. :biggrin:

5. Mar 23, 2009 #4

I used to be known as "he of the wondrous visage" and "commander energy".Now I am known as "sad old duffer".

6. Mar 23, 2009 #5

Nick.

7. Mar 23, 2009 #6

Borek

Staff: Mentor

nick.jpg

8. Mar 23, 2009 #7

My mother has called me "Manny" my entire life. I had no idea where the nickname came from, seeing as how my real name is Alex. I asked her a few years ago and she said that she used to call me her "big man" when I was a toddler. When I got old enough to understand such concepts, I told her I was a "Manny" because my dad was a man and "I wasn't big like him yet".

Damn. I was a pretty cute kid. What the heck happened?

9. Mar 23, 2009 #8

My mother used to call me squizzle, short for exquisite. Now she calls my son that.

10. Mar 23, 2009 #9

When my wife's feeling amorous and half asleep she calls me Georgie Cuddles Bon Bon.My name's Charlie.

11. Mar 23, 2009 #10

Hey Borek, is that you without the green hair? Or much of the rest of the rainbow either.

12. Mar 23, 2009 #11

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

My dad used to call me sugarfoot. No idea where that came from.

13. Mar 23, 2009 #12

I dont think it's Borek;he looks like a chap called Georgie.My wife and I met him at a place called Nick.

14. Mar 23, 2009 #13

Danger

Gold Member

I don't know if this is related to your specific situation, but 'Sugarfoot' was the title of a TV western in the late 50's/early 60's. The name was a variation of 'tenderfoot', which the title character obtained through being pretty useless at cowboy skills (he was a lawyer).

15. Mar 23, 2009 #14

Borek

Staff: Mentor

Me. July 2003. Close to 53°12'53.99"N 19°54'52.79"E.

16. Mar 23, 2009 #15

I had one family member who called me Yellow Bird, and another who called me chrystabelle. So I pretty much answered to anything.

17. Mar 23, 2009 #16

turbo

Gold Member

I was named after my father, so I ended up with a nick-name automatically. The neighborhood kids used to make up all kinds of names for me, in part because my given name is Harley, and they liked playing with the motorcycle association. An older kid in the neighborhood always called me Hot Bird. I don't remember how that came about, but I was always somewhat of a daredevil, and had to get stitched up and get tetanus shots at least once a year, so that may have had something to do with it.

18. Mar 23, 2009 #17

Danger

Gold Member

:confused:
    Have they changed the formulation? Mine are good for 10 years per.

19. Mar 23, 2009 #18

turbo

Gold Member

I don't know. There was a lot of turn-over in doctors in that little one-horse town, and If I couldn't tell them exactly when I had my last tetanus shot, they'd give me another one. The school nurses kept track of vaccinations, but those country doctors worked out of one-room home offices, and record-keeping was non-existent.

20. Mar 23, 2009 #19

Danger

Gold Member

Understood. My doctor has perfect records, but I still write my tetanus expiry date on my health care card just in case.

21. Mar 23, 2009 #20

wolram

Gold Member

They are all Viking nick names, like Boneless was a crippled chieftan who led a band of raiders into Britain, Skull splitter put an axe in a rivals head when he was 6 years old, so the story goes.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook