Pick-up Lines for the Opposite (or Same) Gender

• Thread starter TimNguyen
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Lines
In summary: Though I'm not sure I want to know what the other lines are.In summary, these chat up lines are not going to work on anyone, and are probably not even funny.
NewScientist said:
You must be tired because you've been running through my mind ALLLL day

Man if I was a girl and heard that, id immediately think "stalker, get away from me"

Physics news on Phys.org
If you want a personal agility testing line try,"Hey, my friends and I are Bar-B-Quing a donkey later on, why don't you join me for a piece." Good chance for some slap-dodging with that one.

Here's a SUCCESSFUL one for y'all to use...

"You know, it wasn't my fault that I fell in love... when it was you who tripped me."

That's not a pickup line.

"That shirt is very becoming on you. Then again, if I were on you, I'd becoming too."
:0 the impropriety!

HiPPiE said:
That's not a pickup line.

"That shirt is very becoming on you. Then again, if I were on you, I'd becoming too."
:0 the impropriety!
Hehe, one closely related to that:

"Is that a mirror in your pocket because I can see myself in your pants."

Not sure where to put the question mark...

A million years ago, as a young drunk punk, with a plastic cup filled with the worst &%*# warm beer in the world, I pulled the line out on some random girl: "Danger is my middle name." Just after I said it, I had to turn away and laugh... only time I ever tried using a pick up line.

LURCH said:
Somehting in French usually goes over well. I like; "Ju Naje, don lu jambon, e formage"(sp; I never learned how to spell it).

you just said, "i swim. (something) the ham and cheese."
and yes, that was very bad spelling.

i think some guys can use pick up lines and its cute... i mean, depending on the line and delivery... you never believe the line... but you get the idea that he likes you and that he's trying to be cute... so ya.

i always liked, "girl, you're just like some cambell's soup... cause you are mmm- mmm GOOD!" (its fun if you say, mmm-mmm Good the right way)

I've never used pick up lines seriously, except once when hitting on this woman at least 10 years my senior a couple years ago.

Ya, it was s'posed to be, "I swim in the ham and cheese". OK, maybe not conforming to the standard model of romance, but it's the only French I know. (I can say it in Spanish, too, and Portugeuse, and Chinese, German, etc.)

Anyhow, it's not the content, but the sincerity; if you can say it and really mean it...

Yeah... if you can really mean that you swim in cheese and ham, you've got it made.

Smurf said:
Yeah... if you can really mean that you swim in cheese and ham, you've got it made.
Mmmmm, a guy swimming in ham and cheese! I'd bite! :tongue2:

Evo said:
nah, it's usually processed :yuck:

How about, "Nice socks, can I wear them on my ears?" :yuck: (I would never use this, by the way.)

Actually, I find that just being a little quiet and shy seems to work, only I'm not good at carrying it through (probably because I actually am quiet and shy). I've had several girls ask me something to the effect of, "Is that your serious look?" I just smile and say, "No. I was just daydreaming." (Usually true.) I probably could have asked for a number, or if they wanted a drink, or something. One girl, a waitress, told me what time she got off work. She was cute, but I was already in a relationship.

Hangin on my office mate's bulletin board:

TOP 10 PHYSICS PICK-UP LINES

10. Wanna dance? I can really put your inertia in motion
9. I know the spring constant of my mattress. Wanna take some data?
8. How do you feel about group experiments?
7. You're more special than relativity
6. I might be a physicist, but I'm no Bohr in bed.
5. Heisenberg was wrong. I'm certain about what you're doing tonight.
4. In my bed, perpetual motion all night long.
3. This shirt would look even better accelerating towards your bedroom floor at 9.81 m/s^2.
2. Top quark or bottom quark?
1. I swear I'm not a physicist.

Pretty bad, but worth a laugh I say.

Norman said:
Hangin on my office mate's bulletin board:

TOP 10 PHYSICS PICK-UP LINES

10. Wanna dance? I can really put your inertia in motion
9. I know the spring constant of my mattress. Wanna take some data?
8. How do you feel about group experiments?
7. You're more special than relativity
6. I might be a physicist, but I'm no Bohr in bed.
5. Heisenberg was wrong. I'm certain about what you're doing tonight.
4. In my bed, perpetual motion all night long.
3. This shirt would look even better accelerating towards your bedroom floor at 9.81 m/s^2.
2. Top quark or bottom quark?
1. I swear I'm not a physicist.

Pretty bad, but worth a laugh I say.
Hahaha, definitely worth a laugh. :rofl: Have you ever tried any of them? The problem is most people wouldn't understand...so I'd go with the spring constant. :tongue2: The perpetual mothion one is awesome but only cool people like us at PF know what that means.

No never tried them- I don't think my wife would approve- heheehe :rofl: . They make me laugh though. I agree with you about most people not getting them- but maybe it could be the secret phrase for future PF get togethers- we will know who the physics-friendly people are. :tongue:
Cheers,
Ryan

I just read a song title that I really think would make a great pickup line:

"You'd Be So Nice To Come Home To."

TimNguyen said:
Hey, do you guys know any good pick-up lines for the opposite (or same, if you prefer) gender?
Thsi one may be more appropriate for geologists (or quarry operators) than physicists (but then again):

"I am no Fred Flintstone, but I can rock your bed."

Evo said:
Signed: Homer Simpson? :smile: