Pickle Plate - 6 Delicious Varieties

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Plate
In summary, the author enjoyed pickles, and described some of their favorites. They also reviewed some pickles that they have tried.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
One thing i enjoy is pickles, this is a dish i put together,

Pickled red cabbage
Pickled cauliflower
Pickled cornichons
Pickled onions (balsamic vinegar)
Pickled chili's
Pickled peppadews

Served with strong cheese and crusty bread.

A treat for the taste buds :approve:

Physics news on Phys.org
Pickles are a staple around here. Sweet bread-and-butter pickles, tart dill pickles, pickled jalapenos ... During harvest-season, much of the produce from the garden goes directly into pickles, relishes, etc. We haven't had to buy pickles of any kind for years.

I love pickled okra.

Evo said:
I love pickled okra.

I think i have never seen okra, i may have it in some dish but would not know.

Pickled cucumbers, of course.

Math Jeans said:
Pickled cucumbers, of course.
Of course. The bread-and-butter pickles are primarily cucumbers, onions, and peppers, and most of the dill pickles are primarily cucumbers, onions, and peppers. Somehow, chili peppers keep finding their way into many batches of pickles, though. Sneaky little rascals...

Baby beetroots are another favorite of mine, but one has to use extreme caution when transfering from plate to mouth.

turbo-1 said:
Of course. The bread-and-butter pickles are primarily cucumbers, onions, and peppers, and most of the dill pickles are primarily cucumbers, onions, and peppers. Somehow, chili peppers keep finding their way into many batches of pickles, though. Sneaky little rascals...

I have some (what was described as spear chili's when bought), the first taste is neutral
almost cucumber like, then slightly sweet, then seconds later a wholesome blast to the palette, i have taken to chewing them for a second or two then drawing a breath through my mouth, the effect is glorious.

wolram said:
I have some (what was described as spear chili's when bought), the first taste is neutral
almost cucumber like, then slightly sweet, then seconds later a wholesome blast to the palette, i have taken to chewing them for a second or two then drawing a breath through my mouth, the effect is glorious.
I love pickled chilies. I had a surplus of jalapenos last season, and when I had frozen enough to satisfy my wife, and made all the chili relish we would need for the upcoming year, there were still lots left over, so I sliced the jalapenos into rings, packed them into jars, and processed them just as if I were making (cucumber) dill pickles with onions and garlic. I should have made more. The Mexican roll-up treat recipe that my wife invented is fast using up the dill-pickled jalapenos. I'm now down to one last quart and the next chili harvest is still 8-9 months away. :cry:

I had no idea that they would turn out this good, or I would have made a lot more of them.

I love pickles too. A friend of mine from Transylvania, showed me how to do vodka shots with a pickle chaser. It was so good!

Pour some vodka in a glass, add just a touch of the pickle juice, and a dash of fresh ground black pepper. Drink and then bite into the pickle. They also ate some really great bread, topped with a semi- dry goat cheese and olives during the evening. It was wonderful.

Sounds okay Hypatia, but i think i would get pished as a newt. smile.

1. What are the 6 varieties included in the Pickle Plate?

The 6 varieties included in the Pickle Plate are dill pickles, bread and butter pickles, sweet pickles, kosher pickles, spicy pickles, and pickled vegetables.

2. Are the pickles on the plate all made with the same type of vinegar?

No, the pickles on the plate are made with a variety of vinegars such as white vinegar, apple cider vinegar, and rice vinegar. This gives each pickle a unique flavor profile.

3. Are the pickles on the plate all made in the same way?

No, the pickles on the plate are made using different methods such as fermenting, brining, and quick pickling. This creates a diverse range of textures and flavors in the pickles.

4. How long do the pickles on the plate last?

The pickles on the plate can last for several weeks if kept refrigerated and stored in an airtight container. However, the texture and flavor may change over time.

5. Can I mix and match the pickles on the plate to create my own variety?

Yes, you can mix and match the pickles on the plate to create your own unique combination. This allows for a customizable and diverse tasting experience.