Picture from microscope linked with CCD is too large and not able to reduce the size.

Main Question or Discussion Point

I just link my microscope (Olympus CX31) with CCD (Sony), the staff 's company installed "Ulead program" in computer linked with CCD to capture the picture from microcope. The problem is when the picture shown in the computer, it is already too enlarged that we can't see the wider view as we should see when we use the the lowest magnification of objective lens (4X). Actually, after installation, everything was just fined but when my staff came to use it by herself for the first time, she found that the computer can't be turned on. She then reboot it and it 's turned on with this too large picture since then. I tried to solve the problem by reinstallation the capture program but it doesn't work, the picture size is still too large and can't reduce the size. What should I do to fix it?

Answers and Replies

davenn
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2019 Award

hi there
welcome to the forums :)

commonly software would have a setting for adj. the size to whatever you want
800x600, 1024x768 etc have a real good look through the program settings.
not knowing the exact prog you are using .....its a bit difficult to offer any other suggestions about how to use it.

ignoring the size of the image for a moment....
is the image clear... in focus etc

cheers
Dave

MATLABdude
Science Advisor

Is your complaint just that the field of view is much smaller (more 'zoomed in') than what you see through the ocular (eyepiece)? It may just be a function of the different paths the light takes to your eye as opposed to the CCD. This might be a dumb question, but since you said things looked 'fine' at the start, have you tried just changing to a lower objective?

Barring that, I'd contact whoever this 'staff' person is, or 'staff's company'.