Real-life Claymation - An Impressive Video

• Thread starter theCandyman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Video
In summary, "Real-life Claymation" is a video technique that involves manipulating clay figures and objects frame by frame to create the illusion of movement. It is different from traditional animation as it uses physical objects instead of drawings, and requires materials such as clay, a camera, and video editing software. Anyone can create a "Real-life Claymation" video with practice and there are tips available for a successful video, such as planning, stable tripod use, and attention to lighting and camera angles.
theCandyman
A friend showed me this video. I thought it was really nice. It is like claymation but with real people doing the posing.

I liked the parts where it looks like they are flying, they managed to get it together pretty smoothly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I really enjoyed that. Must of taken forever to make. Very well done

That is pretty cool.

Best Stop motion I've ever seen :D

Yet another stop motion .. amazing ad .. it's for a cellular provider in my country. they have a LOT of awesome new ads .. check em on Youtube :)

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is "Real-life Claymation"?

"Real-life Claymation" is a video technique that involves manipulating clay figures and objects frame by frame to create the illusion of movement. It is also known as stop-motion animation, and has been used in various films and television shows.

2. How is "Real-life Claymation" different from traditional animation?

While traditional animation involves drawing or painting each frame, "Real-life Claymation" uses actual physical objects that are moved and photographed to create the animation. This process can be more time-consuming and requires a lot of attention to detail, but also gives a unique and tactile quality to the final product.

3. What materials and equipment are needed for "Real-life Claymation"?

To create a "Real-life Claymation" video, you will need clay or other malleable materials, a camera or smartphone, a tripod, and a computer with video editing software. Additional materials such as wire, armature, and props may also be used for more complex animations.

4. Can anyone create a "Real-life Claymation" video?

Yes, anyone can create a "Real-life Claymation" video with some patience and practice. It is a fun and creative way to express yourself and tell a story. There are also many tutorials and resources available online to help beginners get started.

5. What are some tips for creating a successful "Real-life Claymation" video?

Some tips for creating a successful "Real-life Claymation" video include planning out your story and shots beforehand, using a stable tripod to avoid camera shake, and being patient with the process. It is also important to pay attention to lighting and camera angles to create a visually appealing and cohesive final product.