Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Stargazing Pictures of Comet Lulin

1. Feb 5, 2009 #1

sas3

Gold Member

Can someone take some pictures of Comet Lulin, I will not be able to make it up-North in time ( that’s where my telescope and camera are).
    I have been reading about it and see it has an anti tail. I never even heard of an anti tail, In some of the pictures I have seen on-line it seems to have chunks or turbulence in its normal tail also.
    Hopefully it will put on a good show, I think closest approach is on 2/24/09.

Thanks

Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 5, 2009 #2

turbo

Gold Member

Re: Astrophotography

Here you go! Mike Brous is shooting through the muggy light-polluted skies of Louisiana and managed to capture not only an ion-tail disconnect, but a very prominent pointy anti-tail. If you are interested in astrophotography, I highly recommend that you sign up there as a forum member. One of the world's premier image-processors (Noel Carbone) will send you (via email) a very comprehensive set of astrophotography actions for Adobe image-processing software for free if you are a member of ODS. He and his imaging-partner Greg in England have captured lots of APODs and have a coffee-table book in the works that will knock your socks off. You'd swear that they have commandeered a major observatory.

http://forum.ourdarkskies.com/index.php?showtopic=23259&hl= [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook