Adding Pictures to the Forum: FAQ

• Thread starter Petar Mali
  • Start date
In summary, to add pictures in this forum, you can either use the "Insert image" button to show an image from another site or use the "Manage Attachments" button in the "Attach files" section on the reply page to add an image as an attachment. If you are using the Quick Reply at the bottom of the thread, you can access these options by using the NEW REPLY button.
Petar Mali
How can I add pictures in this forum?

Physics news on Phys.org
Petar Mali said:
How can I add pictures in this forum?

You can either use the "Insert image" button to show an image from another site or you can add one as an attachment.

And where is that button to add as attachment?!

It's in the top row of the reply page, shaped like a paper clip and right next to the smilely selections. You won't see these selections if you're using the Quick Reply at the bottom of the thread. Use the NEW REPLY button instead.

Borg said:
It's in the top row of the reply page, shaped like a paper clip and right next to the smilely selections. You won't see these selections if you're using the Quick Reply at the bottom of the thread. Use the NEW REPLY button instead.

Tnx!

Also, scroll down a bit on the message-composition page and you'll see a section "Attach files" with a button labeled "Manage Attachments."

1. How can I add a picture to a forum post?

To add a picture to a forum post, you can either use the image upload function provided by the forum platform or use a third-party image hosting site. Once you have your image uploaded, you can insert it into your post by clicking the "insert image" button and pasting the image URL.

2. What is the maximum file size for images in a forum post?

The maximum file size for images in a forum post depends on the specific forum platform you are using. Generally, most forums allow for images up to 10MB in size. However, it is always best to check the forum's guidelines or contact a moderator to confirm the maximum file size.

3. Can I add multiple pictures to a single forum post?

Yes, you can add multiple pictures to a single forum post. Most forum platforms allow for multiple image uploads, and you can also use image hosting sites to upload multiple images and insert them into your post.

4. How can I resize an image in a forum post?

To resize an image in a forum post, you can use the image editor provided by the forum platform or use a third-party image editing software. It is important to resize images before uploading them to ensure they are not too large and do not take up too much space on the forum.

5. Can I add pictures to a forum post from my mobile device?

Yes, most forum platforms allow for image uploads from mobile devices. You can either use the forum's mobile app or access the forum through your mobile browser to upload images. However, it is recommended to resize images before uploading them from a mobile device to avoid any potential issues with file size.