Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Pictures you won't see in the news

1. Feb 22, 2005 #1
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 22, 2005 #2
    Those IDIOTS praying is ****ING hillarious ! :rofl: Morons !.And one of them is holding bible, but soon he gonna be holding machine gun and start shoting at people. AMERICA IS SOOooooooooo BRAINWASHED !!!
  4. Feb 22, 2005 #3
    Chill out. Let's not derail the thread.
  5. Feb 22, 2005 #4

Gold Member

You didn't know that each side believes God is on their side? War is an ugly thing, and there are no photos that will change my mind about that.
  6. Feb 22, 2005 #5
    this is so stupid though. who would think that a soldier petting a kitten would be such a bad thing? there's a word for people who point out only the good stuff that nobody would disagree with. it's DENIAL. the soldiers who say it's fun to kill innocent civilians are what most people don't like, correct?
  7. Feb 22, 2005 #6
    Yeah, I do not see why the 4th picture would not be used. The iraqi (or whoever) people seem to be happy.
  8. Feb 22, 2005 #7
    What news channel doesn't show happy specials about things like soldiers praying and talking about their family? I see those all the time - what news channels do you watch, Al Jazeera?
  9. Feb 22, 2005 #8
    Fox news...
  10. Feb 23, 2005 #9

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

A bit too picturesque & one sided for my taste. Can appreciate the appeal though.
  11. Feb 23, 2005 #10

Gold Member

I'm surprised. But then after the documentary "Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism" I purchased a "FoxBlocker" from http://www.foxblocker.com/?area=1
  12. Feb 23, 2005 #11
    Does everyone know about the controversy over the 5th picture? You know the story about the ***** that took it and edited it to make it very... pro-iraq, you know white background, happy faces, a very 'holy' look to it. Something about a civil law case for copyright fraud, since she didn't have the photographers permission and she compeltely manipulated it, ignoring the story about it. (the story being that those soldiers had killed that girl earlier)
  13. Feb 23, 2005 #12
    You watch Fox news, and you haven't seen soldiers depicted in a positive light? Jesus man, all the criticism ABOUT the positive side of the war not being depicted by the "mainstream liberal media" stems from Fox News and their ilk. I can't watch Fox News for more than 20 minutes without being reminded how great things are in Iraq and how important prayer is.

I dunno, maybe you should try watching CNN and MSNBC and network news, they run specials showing the troops in a positive light all the time...
  14. Feb 23, 2005 #13

Gold Member

If this is true, and I am inclined to believe it is true because that would be par for the course, "Sometimes in our everyday lives we tend to forget what's going on..."
  15. Feb 23, 2005 #14

Science Advisor

Why not pray for the people of Afghanistan, Kuwait and Iraq instead?
  16. Feb 23, 2005 #15
    :biggrin: Could those be stage photos of "Black Hawk Down II"?
  17. Feb 23, 2005 #16
    Yeah, but Iraqis did not invade USA, so you see we are 100 x more hypocrites than they are.
  18. Feb 23, 2005 #17

Yeah you europeans are.
  19. Feb 23, 2005 #18
    Do I hear propaganda? Seriously, these things come from both sides, so can't be taken into consideration or generalized.. I mean I have seen pictures of so called "terrorists" (by US) holding smiling babies, does that make them good guys? I have seen these people huddle up before going and shooting down the occupiers, does that make them good guys? I am just saying you can't make up assumptions about the entire army based on a few pics and the same applies to the other side too...
  20. Feb 23, 2005 #19
    This discussion reminds me of one I had a few days ago, where it was suggested that maybe George Bush Junior only looked unintelligent because that is the way the media presents him to be. I would like to officially challenge ANYBODY to edit Junior in such as way as he looks intelligent.
  21. Feb 24, 2005 #20
    I searched the whole website for half an hour trying to answer your challenge number 42... but alas, I found nothing.

Is there intelligent life in the whitehouse?
    No one knows.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?