Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Pie not pi.

1. Aug 5, 2009 #1
    What is your favorite type of pie?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 5, 2009 #2
    A square one with side pi, it's easier to cut in 6, or to make square pieces with an infinite number of guests.

4. Aug 5, 2009 #3

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl:.

Pecan is good, but way, way too many calories :eek:.

Apple, cherry, strawberry, pumpkin....hmm, think I'll go with pumpkin.

Mmmm, pie :smile:.

5. Aug 5, 2009 #4

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I love cherry pie and blueberry and of course, chocolate.

Cheesecake Factory makes cheesecakes that are the greatest desserts ive ever had in my life however. It's like being shot point blank in the face with a taste-shotgun and then falling into a giant blackhole of taste where your taste molecules were torn apart by the infinite magnitude Taste field.

I recommend them.

6. Aug 5, 2009 #5
    Peas and carrots.

Some chicken, not alot. Not chunks of chicken. Pounded stips of chicken. Or beef. Beef could work.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  7. Aug 6, 2009 #6

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

You need to be linking to refereed journal articles when making claims like that here. You know that!

Dang, why am I suddenly salivating...?

8. Aug 6, 2009 #7
    A traditional cockney pie and mash, the pie containing minced beef.Served with liquor(a parsley sauce) it is a gourmets delight.If you haven't tried it get down to London now.As for sweets, you can't beat a gooseberry pie.

9. Aug 6, 2009 #8

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Chicken and ham, I've posted the recipe up here before. I'm gonna make it today.

Or a proper Melton Mowbray pork pie.

10. Aug 6, 2009 #9
    Ah Melton Mowbray pork pie.Yummy.

11. Aug 6, 2009 #10
    <agonised groan here>

<wiping drool off keyboard here>

12. Aug 6, 2009 #11
    Favorite pies would have to include:

blueberry, apple, pumpkin, cherry, and strawberry rhubarb.

13. Aug 6, 2009 #12

Danger

Gold Member

My favourite is the chicken pies made by our local IGA bakery. I used to eat at least one or two every day, but can't afford them any more. It has an awesome crust, some peas and carrot bits, nice gravy-like sauce, and about 1/4 of a roasted chicken chopped into bite-size pieces. It's about the same size as a standard egg carton, but more square, so it just makes a nice substantial meal. I used to load it down with cumin, onion powder and salt (and still do occasionally), but more often I'll pour on about 1/4 jar of salsa.
    If the subject is dessert-type pies, I pretty much never eat them. My favourite of those is lemon, although I'm sure that I'd prefer lime if I ever had a chance to try it. At least, I prefer lime over lemon for chomping after a tequila shot or for using as a juice mix in drinks.

14. Aug 6, 2009 #13

turbo

Gold Member

My wife makes pumpkin pies from scratch (first get a pie-pumpkin!) that are to die for. I'm a sucker for strawberry-rhubarb, too, especially served hot with a scoop of French vanilla ice-cream on top.

15. Aug 6, 2009 #14
    Omg your making me die here. I feel like running to my grandmas and getting her to whip up some stawberry-rhubarb pie for me. And I assume when you say from scratch you mean everything including the filling right? That's awesome I have never seen someone do that before.

16. Aug 6, 2009 #15

Danger

Gold Member

Sorry, but I couldn't resist. (Not one of my best productions.)

"[URL=http://img89.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pf2jb.jpg[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
  17. Aug 6, 2009 #16

turbo

Gold Member

Yes! with wild strawberries, not farm-picked or bought.

18. Aug 6, 2009 #17
    I prefer a pie that is circular and has a radius of 1.

19. Aug 6, 2009 #18
    Now we're talking. Folks we have a winner.

20. Aug 10, 2009 #19
    Blackberry. Blackberries were always in season around my birthday (and grew wild in the vacant lot next door)... so I'd often have blackberry pie instead of birthday cake. Mmm.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook