Can someone teach an uneducated person about Relativity and SR?

• Thread starter P J Strydom
  • Start date
In summary, it is possible for someone to teach an uneducated person about Relativity and Special Relativity (SR). However, it would require a significant amount of time and effort on the part of the teacher to explain the complex concepts in a way that the uneducated person can understand. The uneducated person would also need to have a basic understanding of math and physics in order for the teachings to be effective. Ultimately, whether or not an uneducated person can fully grasp the theories of Relativity and SR would depend on their individual capabilities and willingness to learn.
P J Strydom
Well, let me introduce myself.
I am very interested in the theories of Relativity, and Special relativity and as a young man wished I could study physics.
The opportunities were wasted, as most people do, and I would like to learn from people that knows the theories well, if possible.
I sent a request to various universities in South Africa, trying to find anyone that will teach me on the subject, but to no avail. No one answered back.
This is the reason for "googling" and arriving at this website.
I hope I will gain the information I wish for.
How does the mathematical calculations on the SR work and what can I do to understand it?
is it possible to teach an uneducated person like me on Relativity and SR?

Physics news on Phys.org
P J Strydom said:
Well, let me introduce myself.
I am very interested in the theories of Relativity, and Special relativity and as a young man wished I could study physics.
The opportunities were wasted, as most people do, and I would like to learn from people that knows the theories well, if possible.
I sent a request to various universities in South Africa, trying to find anyone that will teach me on the subject, but to no avail. No one answered back.
This is the reason for "googling" and arriving at this website.
I hope I will gain the information I wish for.
How does the mathematical calculations on the SR work and what can I do to understand it?
is it possible to teach an uneducated person like me on Relativity and SR?
Welcome to the PF.

It looks like you are getting good responses to your question that you posted in the Academic Guidance forum. :smile: