Where to Purchase PVDF Piezoelectric Sheets?

In summary, the conversation is about someone inquiring about where to buy piezoelectric sheets similar to the one shown in the picture. The original poster mentions having searched on Google with no success. Another user suggests making one themselves using Rochelle Salt. However, a third user provides a link to a website that sells piezoelectric sheets, and the original poster expresses gratitude for the helpful information. The conversation ends with a comment about the possibility of the sheet being a PVDF film.
ryanuser
Hi

Where can I buy Piezoelectric sheets? Similar to the one shown in the picture.

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 571
Physics news on Phys.org
ryanuser said:
Hi

Where can I buy Piezoelectric sheets? Similar to the one shown in the picture.

Thanks

Sorry to have to be Captain Obvious here, but what did your Google search turn up? Google loves to guide you to sites that sell you stuff... :smile:

Sorry captain obvious, since I asked on the forum, its actually obvious that google must have not came up with good stuff!

Why not make one yourself?
http://www.instructables.com/id/Rochelle-Salt/

Last edited by a moderator:
ryanuser said:
Sorry captain obvious, since I asked on the forum, its actually obvious that google must have not came up with good stuff!

you obviously didn't look too hard :wink:

I copied and pasted you Q "Where can I buy Piezoelectric sheets? into google and got lots of hits
here's just one the 4th entry on google
http://www.piezo.com/prodsheet2sq5H.html

the 3rd, 5th, through to 10th also were valid

Dave

Likes berkeman
Thanks DrDu, that page helped.

To davenn: wow really, Wouldn't you think I already looked at that one and perhaps I was looking for more stuff? Dont reply if you don't know more than google. Thanks

ryanuser said:
Thanks DrDu, that page helped.

To davenn: wow really, Wouldn't you think I already looked at that one and perhaps I was looking for more stuff? Dont reply if you don't know more than google. Thanks

The point is that it seems pretty easy to find the info you are asking about. What is wrong with the hits that Dave pointed out?

Likes davenn
From the picture, it may be a PVDF film. Is this what you are looking for? A flexible film?

1. What are piezoelectric materials?

Piezoelectric materials are materials that have the ability to generate an electrical charge when subjected to mechanical stress or pressure, and vice versa. This phenomenon is known as the piezoelectric effect.

2. How do piezoelectric materials work?

Piezoelectric materials have a unique crystal structure that allows them to produce an electric charge when they are mechanically deformed or compressed. This is due to the displacement of positive and negative charges within the material's crystals, which creates an electric potential.

3. What are the applications of piezoelectric materials?

Piezoelectric materials have a wide range of applications, including in sensors, actuators, transducers, and energy harvesting devices. They are commonly used in medical devices, such as ultrasound machines, as well as in industrial and consumer electronics, such as speakers and microphones.

4. What are the advantages of using piezoelectric materials?

Piezoelectric materials have several advantages, including high sensitivity, fast response time, and low power consumption. They are also durable and can operate in a wide range of temperatures and environments. Additionally, they do not require a power source to generate an electric charge, making them self-powered.

5. Are there any limitations to using piezoelectric materials?

While piezoelectric materials have many useful properties, they also have some limitations. They can be brittle and prone to cracking under high stress, and their performance can be affected by temperature changes. Additionally, their output voltage is relatively low, which may require amplification for certain applications.