Pinterest will you ? I am seriously thinking about it

• Thread starter rhody
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thinking
In summary, Pinterest is a popular social media site where users can collect and share images on digital pinboards. It has found its most passionate users among the Midwestern scrapbooking community and could potentially become a platform for entrepreneurs seeking to monetize their hobbies. However, there have been concerns about potential scams and the requirement to have a Facebook or Twitter account to join. While some users are interested in using it for sharing ideas with a small trusted group, others have not been active on the site.
rhody
Gold Member
Is Pinterest the next Facebook ? CNN Money Article: March 22, 2012
Pinterest, for the uninitiated, is a deceptively simple-sounding, insanely addictive social media site that let's users collect and share images on digital pinboards. Most social-networking sites have first become popular among tech's early adopters along the country's coasts. But Pinterest found its most passionate users among the Midwestern scrapbooking set -- a mostly female group -- who have turned to it to plan weddings, save recipes, and post ideas for kitchen renovations.

and...

But Pinterest also could become a platform for would-be entrepreneurs seeking to cash in on their hobbies, much the way eBay (EBAY) unleashed a new class of mom-and-pop vendors.

Those who know me, know where I am going next now, don't you... hehe...

Gorgeous Hot Pepper Photos...

Rhody...

Physics news on Phys.org
I knew it would not take too many nanoseconds before someone would try to scam Pinterest.
I was not to be disappointed:
The particular scheme he's deployed uses bots to post pictures of products to Pinterest that are available on Amazon. When people clickthrough those links and purchase something, he gets a cut like all affiliate marketers.

Oh, and of course, this user is unrepentant...
Pinterest, plug the hole please, this is not that hard to do... make real people post real images.

Rhody... sigh... :rolleyes:

You have to request an invitation to join, which I have done, so there isn't much to report on at the moment. I will report back once I an on.

Rhody...

Does it extend beyond pictures? I like pictures, but I use Facebook to share articles, news, video, music, events, etc ...

Adyssa said:
Does it extend beyond pictures? I like pictures, but I use Facebook to share articles, news, video, music, events, etc ...
Adyssa,

I can't say for sure, but I am told you post by subject category. I will let you know the good bad and ugly when I get access. The news reports says it makes FB owner Zuckerburg nervous. I don't believe the hype, at least not yet, if they attract over 100 million followers, who knows. Only time will tell for sure.

Rhody...

Ohhh, sigh. Just got my invitation finally from Pinterest, it seems membership is contingent on belonging to FB or Twitter. I am resisting that with a vengance, but may be forced to succomb when I start my business. If anyone following is using it, please report it. With this number of views and no posts so far, I doubt anyone here is using it.

Rhody...

I registered for pinterest months ago; haven't touched it sense.

Pythagorean said:
I registered for pinterest months ago; haven't touched it sense.
I agree, if they decouple it from faceplant and twatter, I may join, I haven't gotten my google+ circles circling the wagon yet either, I think it would be nice to have a small trusted circle of like minded souls who share ideas, this is a useful feature that I could subscribe to. I have sent a few invitations to folks, no bites yet I am glad I switched to gmail a long time ago.

Rhody...

Last edited:
maybe try Linkedin?

I meant since :(

1. What is Pinterest?

Pinterest is a social media platform that allows users to discover, save, and share ideas and inspiration through visual content such as images and videos.

2. How does Pinterest work?

Pinterest works by allowing users to create virtual pinboards where they can save and organize images and videos, known as pins. These pins can be saved from other websites or uploaded directly to Pinterest. Users can also follow other users or specific boards to see their latest pins on their home feed.

3. Is Pinterest free to use?

Yes, Pinterest is free to use for everyone. However, it does offer a paid advertising option for businesses and content creators to reach a larger audience.

4. What can I use Pinterest for?

Pinterest can be used for a variety of purposes, such as finding inspiration for home decor, recipes, fashion, travel, and more. It can also be used as a marketing tool for businesses to showcase their products or services.

5. Is Pinterest suitable for my business?

Pinterest can be a valuable platform for businesses that have visually appealing products or services. It is also beneficial for businesses looking to reach a primarily female audience, as the majority of Pinterest users are women. However, it may not be the best fit for all types of businesses, so it's important to consider your target audience and goals before using Pinterest for your business.