Pioneer 10 Anomaly

Main Question or Discussion Point

This area of physics (GR and spacecraft anomalies) have intrigued me for years.

I have discovered a few things and developed a model that seems to fit the Pioneer's anomaly, with a couple of intriguing "nudges" to our existing GR physics model. Would like to publish and or have the concept reviewed. I am a Aero/EE so not in the physics publish mainstream. The model does reveal something new "solid" I don't think has been discussed in the mainstream yet. It is elegant, simple and includes new physics.

I admire the work JPL's team Anderson et al. has done and believe they are on a similar track.

Jim

Answers and Replies

Nabeshin
Science Advisor
Alright, so out with it.

turbo
Gold Member
Alright, so out with it.
Careful! If he discusses the idea here before it is published, he will receive warnings, infractions or worse.

@OP: read the forum rules.

jtbell
Mentor
Welcome to Physics Forums, Jim!

Please click on the "Rules" link at the top of any page here, and note the section Overly Speculative Posts. The only place here where we permit discussion of personal theories that are not already "out there" in the professional scientific community (usually this means published in a peer-reviewed professional journal), is in our Independent Research forum. You'll find a link to it, and a link to its guidelines, on the rules page.

Roger all that. It has always been under wraps and will remain. My question is what would be a good society / publication to get it reviewed ? APS ?

Roger all that. It has always been under wraps and will remain. My question is what would be a good society / publication to get it reviewed ? APS ?
You could first try testing the waters of your theory in the Independent Research forum, as jtbell pointed-out.

Vanadium 50
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
2019 Award
You should be publishing in the same journals you are reading.

(And if you aren't reading the journals, how do you know your idea is new and correct?)

You should be publishing in the same journals you are reading.
That is a good "rule of thumb". Another one would be to look at your list of references and submit it to the journal that you referenced most often.