Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Pipe flow, valve question

  1. Jun 3, 2010 #1
    Hi guys,

    Right, here is the situation. Consider a long coil of pipe containing water with a thermostatic valve at the outlet and a valve (this is the valve in question) at the inlet. The inlet is gravity fed by a large reservoir of water and the question is this: as the water leaves the tubing through the outlet, i need the water from the reservoir to gradually fill the tubing automatically but i need to include a time lag between the water leaving and the water entering.
    Is there a valve or system which i can use which will be able to separate out the two streams of water (leaving and the water coming in) so that they don't mix?

    Any ideas, suggestions welcome!

  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 8, 2010 #2
    The best way is to pick up your phone give a call to valve reseller or any manufactrure and discuss in detail. This is the best way. that is the way how things gets designed
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook