Pirate Software vs Pirate Program

In summary, using a pirate version of Visual C++ 6.0 to write an original program is not a wise decision, especially if you plan on selling your software. You can face legal consequences for using unlicensed software. While the term "piracy" may not be the most accurate term in this situation, it is important to make sure you have a licensed copy of the software. The developers version of Windows XP may have additional functionality and is typically more expensive, but it is still necessary to have a licensed version. Using pirated software is never acceptable.
Saint
Let say you use a pirate Visual C++ 6.0 to write an original program,
is that program considered as pirated ?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Well, let me just say that if you are going to be selling your software then it would be very wise to make sure everything is legit because you can in fact be taken to court.

[edit]
Of course, you can be sued for nearly anything. Piracy is probably the wrong term to apply to this software. Piracy is a term that, not mentioning the high seas aspect, is defined as;

The illicit reprinting or reproduction of a copyrighted book or print or to unlawful plagiarism from it.
-Black Law Dictionary, 5th edition

Now, most people are familiar with windows XP, pro and home versions. There is also a developers version that can be purchaced too. I don't recall all the details, but it is more expensive than the others ($800 US, I think) and people use it to create programs for sale. You best make sure you have a licenced copy of this one, nudge nudge, wink wink...

Last edited by a moderator:
PS That developers version, maybe it's only a licencing scheme?
I'm unsure, but think it has additional functionality not provided in the other versions.

Originally posted by Saint
Let say you use a pirate Visual C++ 6.0 to write an original program,
is that program considered as pirated ?
I sure hope not :/

Using pirated software is wrong. Period. End of topic.

1. What is the difference between "Pirate Software" and "Pirate Program"?

Pirate software refers to illegally obtained or copied computer programs, while pirate programs are computer programs that have been specifically designed or modified for illegal purposes.

2. How is pirate software and pirate programs harmful?

Pirate software and programs not only deprive creators and developers of their rightful profits, but they can also be dangerous for users as they may contain viruses or malware that can harm their devices and compromise their privacy.

3. Is it illegal to use pirate software or programs?

Yes, it is illegal to use pirate software or programs as they violate copyright laws and intellectual property rights. Using them can result in legal consequences and penalties.

4. How can I identify pirate software or programs?

Pirate software and programs may have similar names or functions as legitimate ones, but they are often sold at significantly lower prices or offered for free. They may also lack proper licenses or activation codes.

5. What are the alternatives to using pirate software or programs?

There are many legal and affordable alternatives to pirate software and programs, such as open-source software, free trials, and subscription services. It is important to support creators and developers by purchasing authorized software and programs.