1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I Planar Fluence

1. Sep 1, 2018 #1
    Hello everyone,

Suppose a situation where you have a broad plane-parallele beem of electrons wich is perpendiculary incident upon a thin foil wich scatters the e- for an angle X. I did calculus and the ratio of flux density below the foil respect with the foil remove is 1.06. But, What are the ratio of the number of e- per cm2 passing through a plane just behind (and parallel to) the foil to what with the foil removed? I thing the ratio must be 1.06, also.

Help¡

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 1, 2018 #2

mfb

2017 Award

Staff: Mentor

A sketch would help.
    Shouldn't this be the result of an integral over the angular distribution?

Why does your flux increase?

4. Sep 1, 2018 #3
    As I saw in Introduction to Radiological Physics and Radiation Dosimetry - Attix, these is an event that happens when you are working with a broad beam. Is an excercise from the first chapter (the third excercise). The exercise gives the answers, and I don´t know why is the unity the particles ratio.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted