Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Plane and block

1. Apr 7, 2013 #1
    I have some theoretical questions that I can not answer for a proper understanding of the situation... Can you help me please?

We have a system - a wheel of a plane and a block http://fykos.cz/rocnik26/obrazky/s5u4_zadani.png

The plane begins to move. May be a situation where plane is going to full throttle but still is in a same place (cause the block)? How it depends on the wheel material, the block and the floor? My friend said it is a special case when the block is high just on the touch of wheel. What will happen?

Thanks and sorry for my bad English,
    Numeriprimi

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 7, 2013 #2

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Your English is excellent but your link will not open and I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you talking about an airplane, that has a block against each wheel preventing it from moving? What is holding the block in place? If the block is low enough, the wheel can just step onto and over the block.

4. Apr 7, 2013 #3
    I attached the picture from the link he posted.

Attached Files:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook