Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Planet X

1. Jul 21, 2007 #1
    As usual, I dont know if this is the right place, but, I have been thinking, and if samarians ( if thats spelt right ) were right about planet x, then it should be near us soon in a few years or a few decades, now, if this is true, wouldnt that explain that if the ufo sightings are true, that theyre were a outburst of ufos a few decades ago and have been constantly ever since because planet x's inhabitants got within short travel distance of earth at that time? I dont know if that makes sense to you but iono, it would explain it for me. I dont know.

Well if the above isnt in the right place I have a video that is, please tell me what you think, I think these guys are telling the truth. By the way im 14 so if possible soft treatment please ;]

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 21, 2007 #2

Staff: Mentor

No, there really isn't anything to that stuff. The Sumerians didn't "know" or even claim to know what is being said they knew. It was all made up by a crackpot trying to become famous: http://www.sitchiniswrong.com/

Btw, that link of yours just leads to a tv listing.
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2007
  4. Jul 21, 2007 #3
    O sorry, I provided a direct link to the video 2 seconds Ill give a different one

I stumbled upon it, if there true I dont know.
  5. Jul 21, 2007 #4

Gold Member

Here's what we have so far for a "10th planet" (reverberating keyboard music please!)

Here's another candidate:

Further info about this "icy body"

6. Jul 21, 2007 #5

Staff: Mentor

Sorry, I only got to the title screen before I had to go vomit. I'll try to watch more later (that's a pretty famous crackpotumentary and I've never watched it before...) Greer is a flying saucer crackpot though, not an ancient knowledge crackpot. The two conspiracy theories have nothing to do with each other.
  7. Jul 21, 2007 #6

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

We consider potentially unexplained phenomena here, not fringe theories. :smile:

If there were unexplained discrepancies in the observed orbits of the planets, that would be a qualified discussion here or in the Astronomy forum. But the planet X business is a "theory" in search of evidence - any evidence. That's a dead give-away that it is not worth consideration. Also note that a tenth planet in itself is not the limit of Sitchen's claims, so these are really two different discussions.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?