1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Planet X

1. May 30, 2008 #1
    So I've read a few articles and seen a few videos on the so called "planet-X".

There's a video currently circulating on you-tube (currently in the most viewed section, for what that's worth) with supposed cover-up footage from the south pole telescope, clearly depicting the planet - all very conspiracy laden, but with a good number of people entertaining the idea that a major disaster is going to happen.

So my question is what do you knowledgable astronomers out there think of such claims? I am by no means one of you (to do sufficent research to have an informed opinion would take up a vast amount of my time and effort) - so I would like some opinions. I couldn't find a "science fiction" section of the forum - so this thread may sit uncomfortably with real subjects - sorry if that is the case.

EDIT - I've just seen the "skeptisism and Debunking" section. Mods - please move.

Last edited: May 30, 2008
  2. jcsd
  3. May 30, 2008 #2

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It is all a bunch of nonsense.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?