1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Planetary Config Spreadsheet

1. Nov 2, 2003 #1
    I finished the Planetary Config Spreadsheet I have been working on during my down time at work.
    Well, finished the first version of it, anyway.

I managed to do it all with no VBScript, so you don't have to worry about macro viruses.

If you are interested and you have some time, I would love some feed-back.
    If you think it is handy and easy to use or not.
    What else you think I should include in it.
    Any suggestions regarding layout or content at all would be helpful.

Of course you are free to have a copy, and you can give to anyone you wish if anyone would want it.
    Just make sure they know that I don't guarantee the results and I still want to perform more error checking and testing on it.

If you would like to help me out, you could check if it is accurate.
    I think it is accurate, I double checked all the equations, plus I checked the output of a bunch of configurations manually and came up with no errors.
    I would appreciate any feedback/input you would like to offer.

The worksheet is protected, but if you want to see any of the equations I used or anything just let me know, and I will post them here.

http://www.geocities.com/talorweb/planetary_config.htm

I plan on expanding on some of the functionality.

I want it to show planet configuration and placement:
    Such as how many planets can you place evenly spaced.
    What your angular spacing increment would be if your planets can't be evenly spaced.

I also plan on adding more accute configurability (such as adjustable centerlines) and possibly more interactivity.
    Doing it without VBScript really limits what I can do.
    I may have to abandon trying to keep it VBScript-free to build some of the additional stuff into it.

Thank you.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted