Which scooter model is the best option for transportation and cost savings?

• Thread starter JasonRox
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Scooter
In summary, the person wants to get a scooter because they think it will be fun and easier to get around. They looked into different models and found that the Honda was the best option for the price and the insurance. They hope to be able to get the scooter by the end of May.

Which do you like? (Please see pictures first.)

• Pertutti Motors - Solo Model

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Honda Motors - Jazz Model

• Yamaha Motors - 2006 Vino Classic

• Yamaha Motors - 2005 Vino Classic

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
JasonRox said:
This has to be the saddest thread that I've ever been part of.

First, no one shows signs of reading any posts, nevermind the first one.

Second, those who did read completely forgot it!

Third, they completely try to change my goal into a "want" instead of a "need".

I don't care about motorcycles. I'm not interested in them. They will NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT serve my purpose. I will NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT save any money going with a motorcyle. Yes, I checked. I even called for insurance quotes for smaller bike. My dad owns a bike. I DID LOOK INTO IT!

And this whole thing that scooters are lame or what not is just flat out sad. I think mattmns is right about how the US probably doesn't accept that sort of thing.

Like honestly, everyone thinks it's a great idea that I know of. My good buddy said it sounds great. Yes, if I could by a motorcycle, I most likely would. Other guys from work think it's good. Like you all have no influence on my decision, and the thought of doing this thread was for sure fun, but everyone is so inconsiderate it's not possible.

I wasn't even going to ask anyone because I was sure that the response towards buying a scooter wouldn't ever be a problem. Unfortunately, after a handful of responses from here, I wasn't sure. But asking a few from around or more specifically IN CANADA, people were more positive. It's almost a disgrace to this website.

I haven't told my dad yet (parents separated), but I know doubt know that he would think it's cool. He has a big bike and he's part of a club as the leader and everything.

About the girls, I WILL PROBABLY PICK UP WITH IT!

With the attitudes I've seen here, or the past two months, no wonder some of you don't pick up at all. Everyone is so externally focused it's just sad.

:rofl: Don't get so defensive. Were just giving you a hard time for buying a scooter Jason. :rofl:

In the end, do what makes you happy.

Physics news on Phys.org
:rofl: That's just wrong. :rofl:

JasonRox said:
In Ontario we must insure scooters now, and get a motorcycle license which I will do soon.

You have to get a motorcycle license to ride a scooter? In Alberta I'm pretty sure all you need is a learners licence...hence all the obnoxious 14 year olds riding them around acting like complete idiots :mad: If you do get a scooter I'd go Honda just because I like Honda better than the other japanese manufacturers. Or get a suzuki bergmen then you could have a 650cc scooter lol...to bad they are so ugly.

It may be different in Canada Jason, but as you can see there is very little respect for "scooters" in the US. Not that it matters either way, do what is best for you, and getting a scooter seems to be best for you. I say go for it

I like scooters.. They are fun to ride about in, I always hire one in Greece to get about in!
Ignore whatr they are saying:
A: they are having a laugh.
B: If you don't drive a 50 Ton SUV at 1mile/gallon you are a "wimp" in the States it seems.

J77 said:
If you are going to get a scooter - don't get one of them twattish ones like Jamie Oliver rides, get one like the kids are riding...

http://www.pressefach.info/kiska/200412-generic-scooter_small.jpg

All the ones you suggest look a bit... rubbish.

http://www.kymco.co.uk/images/scooters/super9s.jpg
[/URL]

Where did you see those?

Last edited by a moderator:
It was hilarious reading the responses to this thread. I think it is funny that guys here in the US need to have a big bike to assure themselves that they are a "man":rofl: . I just bought a scooter actually. Its a Strada 150cc, has styling similar to a sport bike. Make fun of me all you want LOL it won't phase me.
Another thing, whoever said that they are not fun to ride is crazy! Have you ever actually rode one before?? The smaller diameter wheel allows them to be very manueverable. Yes I know that in a bullet bike you can go much faster, risking your life and others in the process.
The purpose of buying one is to save money! Mine cost me $1600 out the door. I plan on servicing it myself also. Insurance is only $175 per year full coverage! Try getting that on a larger bike, even on a 250cc ninja, no way it'll ever happen. I feel sorry for the guys who think they need a nice car/bike to pick up gals. If you actually believe that having a scooter will affect your chances of getting a girl, you need to either look for different girls or pay attention to what they actually want.

I'd try to save up a few more $ and go for the Honda Reflex. Bigger more comfy ride, and you'll be able to take it onto freeways if necessary.

Don't count this one out yet...

http://www.worlds-lowest-prices.com/Rascal11.jpg :rofl:

See wolf, its much more comfortable. It even has zero emissions and two baskets to put your books in!

When ur not using it, you can rent it out to grandma. It pays for itself!

Yea, you counted right...its got 3 wheels. :cool:

(ahahah, are those training wheels on the side? LOL!)

JasonRox said:
Where did you see those?
That's the new style isn't it?

Check out, eg., the Honda bikes: http://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/DispatcherServlet?hidActionDetail=viewproductdetail&hidAction=Lookup&hidProductID=15&hidSelectedProductCode=SES125+Dylan&hidProductName=SES125+Dylan&hidMSGID=6&hidMSGCode=SCOOTERS&hidMSGName=Scooters&hidBannerPath=%2FmcStatic%2Fen%2Fpicture%2Fproduct%2FSES125+Dylan%2Fprd_main_Banner.jpg&hidHomePath=%2Fjsp%2FmsgSCOOTERSHome.jsp#focusHere

Hmmm, this one looks good I must admit.

http://www.honda.co.uk/garden/GardenStoreLookupServlet?hidAction=Lookup&hidActionDetail=GetMowerProductDetail&hidMowerID=38&MowerType=Tractor+Mower&lawnmowers=Lawnmowers&hidTitle=&hidStep=&hidGardenSize=null&hidMowingMethod=null&hidCutStripes=null&hidCuttingWidth=null&hidStartMechanism=null&nCutStripes=0&nCuttingWidth=0&nStartMechanism=0&hidCategoryID=3

:rofl: ! Never mind, its out of his price range :rofl:! £2625.00

imabug said:
I'd try to save up a few more $ and go for the Honda Reflex. Bigger more comfy ride, and you'll be able to take it onto freeways if necessary.

Take that on a freeway , just watch out for the back wash from big rigs.

Im not too fond of scooters, never did like them too due to their small tyres (less road grip)...but i always liked them for their good mileage due to their low cc...I drive a motorbike which is a Suzuki en125...Its not that great bike but its good for a starter...gives me good mileage too...:cool:

Thats my bike, but i got a red one...

link: http://www.activentura.com/images/Hurican 125.jpg

Cheers
jake

Last edited:
peejake said:
Im not too fond of scooters, never did like them too due to their small tyres (less road grip)...but i always liked them for their good mileage due to their low cc...I drive a motorbike which is a Suzuki en125...Its not that great bike but its good for a starter...gives me good mileage too...:cool:

Thats my bike, but i got a red one...

link: http://www.activentura.com/images/Hurican 125.jpg

Cheers
jake

Nice bike jake:approve: this is mine.

http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f184/wolram/

After Wolfram and peejake's post, Jason's scooter is starting to look respectable.

cyrusabdollahi said:
After Wolfram and peejake's post, Jason's scooter is starting to look respectable.

Philistine :tongue2:

cyrusabdollahi said:
Hmmm, this one looks good I must admit.

http://www.honda.co.uk/garden/GardenStoreLookupServlet?hidAction=Lookup&hidActionDetail=GetMowerProductDetail&hidMowerID=38&MowerType=Tractor+Mower&lawnmowers=Lawnmowers&hidTitle=&hidStep=&hidGardenSize=null&hidMowingMethod=null&hidCutStripes=null&hidCuttingWidth=null&hidStartMechanism=null&nCutStripes=0&nCuttingWidth=0&nStartMechanism=0&hidCategoryID=3

:rofl: ! Never mind, its out of his price range :rofl:! £2625.00
Its an off-roader (sexy), and has four wheels! :cool:

(it also features four training wheels if you're having trouble falling off of it Jason. :tongue2:)

wolram said:
Nice bike jake:approve: this is mine.

http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f184/wolram/

hey wloram,

that bike looks like the ones they used to use during world war 2...no offence just joking:rofl: ...What year is it? + What is the engine...Is is a 4 or a 2 stroke...Looks like a 4 to me but i just want to know...:cool:

-jake

peejake said:
hey wloram,

that bike looks like the ones they used to use during world war 2...no offence just joking:rofl: ...What year is it? + What is the engine...Is is a 4 or a 2 stroke...Looks like a 4 to me but i just want to know...:cool:

-jake

Some of like to keep these (hand crafted) machines on the road, mine was
made in 1960 and has a four stroke 350 engine, its 500 cousin still holds the record for 24hr at over 100mph.

wolram said:
made in 1960 and has a four stroke 350 engine, its 500 cousin still holds the record for 24hr at over 100mph.

I think it's a pretty nice bike. I just wouldn't want to ride it around too much.

Anyways, I'm going to go check out a scooter Tuesday night. It's the Yamaha BW50.

Get a scooter that looks like one in post #32. The ones you linked to are rather nerdy.

cyrusabdollahi said:
Get a scooter that looks like one in post #32. The ones you linked to are rather nerdy.

I like the Classic looks though. I'd love to get a Vespa one day.

The Yamaha BW50 is sportier. Here's a picture:

http://westernpowersports.com/images/2006_yamaha_bw50.jpg

A 2002 model though. The one above is 2005 I believe.

Here is a 1999 model:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/1999-Yamaha-Zuma-EXCELLENT-CONDITION-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ4642060687QQcategoryZ42594QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Man, I would S my pants riding that in city traffic. Over here, you would get run over and no one would stop to see if your ok.

cyrusabdollahi said:
Man, I would S my pants riding that in city traffic. Over here, you would get run over and no one would stop to see if your ok.

Getting a motorcycle is no different than a scooter in your scenario, so I don't see the advantage of one at all.

Can't live in fear man.

No wonder everyone drives SUV's. Little babies scared of everything.

Man, when will you learn that motorcycles are a luxury item?

Stop thinking that owning a scooter/motorcycle is going to save the world with your high MPG and low cost.

You DO NOT ride a bike in the rain
You DO NOT ride a bike in bad weather
You DO NOT carry lots of items.

It is not practical at all. It is a LUXURY ITEM!

:uhh:

Sorry to go off on you, I'm not trying to be mean to you.

Bikes\scooters are IMPRACTICAL and DANGEROUS. PERIOD.

Last edited:
cyrusabdollahi said:

Stop thinking that owning a scooter/motorcycle is going to save the world with your high MPG and low cost.

It's not a luxury item to me and that's why I will NEVER get it.

I was trying to tell you before that it is not about luxury, and I'm not trying to save the world.

cyrusabdollahi said:

If numbers 1and 2 are true then there are no motorbikes in the UK.
As i am the only one that has a clue about the topic in this thread.
THREAD CLOSED.

wolram said:

i love the sound of 350cc bikes...definitely would sound better than a 125...but since both of them are 4 stroke it makes yours louder than mine...

i used to own a rajdooth 350cc but it used to drink petrol like a car...so i sold it

peejake said:
i love the sound of 350cc bikes...definitely would sound better than a 125...but since both of them are 4 stroke it makes yours louder than mine...

i used to own a rajdooth 350cc but it used to drink petrol like a car...so i sold it

This thread was ruined long ago when someone was trying to be funny. :rolleyes:

It happens all too often here on PF. :grumpy:

wolram said:
If numbers 1and 2 are true then there are no motorbikes in the UK.
As i am the only one that has a clue about the topic in this thread.
THREAD CLOSED.

If you ride your bike in the rain, man you're NUTS. EVERYONE I know will never purposefully take their bike out on a rain day, they don't want to die. Riding your bike in the rain is crazy man!

Last edited:
cyrusabdollahi said:
If you ride your bike in the rain, man your NUTS. EVERYONE I know will never purposefully take their bike out on a rain day, they don't want to die. Riding your bike in the rain is crazy man!

First of all i would like to say to Jason i am very ,very sorry for my part in ruining your thread.

And Cyrus, (am man i now give respect to), in the Uk we have to ride in the rain, heck the weather changes from bright sun shine to heavy rain in the twinkling of an eye.

And Jason it (was) Cyrus who started it:smile:

Hey hey hey, you were just as bad as me showing that Evo scooter wolram!

Yeah, I am sorry too Jason. I was just yankin your chain for getting a scooter! Don't take it personal. :tongue:

I think the one you showed isn't half bad, but those 'classic' scooter, well those are really nerdy.

Well, even if it does rain in the UK, that does not mean it is a safe practice on a bike!

Last edited:
Yeah, riding in the rain would be crazy.

I wouldn't intentionally ride in the rain though. If I so happened to be coming back home and it rained, that's not really my fault.

JasonRox said:
Yeah, riding in the rain would be crazy.

I wouldn't intentionally ride in the rain though. If I so happened to be coming back home and it rained, that's not really my fault.

Have you ever seen bikes racing in the wet? i mean at 150mph plus, it becomes dangerous, when there is a lot of s**t on the road, fuel spills
from trucks are invisible but can be lethal to two wheelers, but if you are sensible and take bends steady you can steer your way out of trouble, the main thing is to wear protective clothing so if you do fall off injuries will be minimal, i know.