Hi everyone, I am about to enter a local Science Fair and my project revolves around creating plasma in a microwave. This is a great experiment, all you do is stick a lighted match in a cork, (or something to hold the match in place) put it in the microwave with a glass beaker over the match and switch it on. The resulting effect is a large 'blob' of plasma in the top of the beaker. But I was wondering, when this happens is it the air surronding the match being ionised, or is it the Phosphorus and and/or Potassium Chlorate in the match head? Thanks in advance.