Design an Eco-Friendly Plastic Photodegrador

• Thread starter totoykabute
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Plastic
In summary, the topic being discussed is a potential thesis topic involving an environmentally friendly touch - specifically, a plastic photodegrador. The idea behind this concept is that plastics degrade easily in the ocean, and the speaker plans to design an equipment that will speed up this process. The design is similar to a solar cooker and involves cutting the plastic into fine pieces before putting it into the photodegrador. The speaker is seeking feedback and assistance in modifying the design and clarifies that they are looking into testing specific types of plastic in an open ocean environment. They advise others to convert pictures to save on traffic before posting.
totoykabute
i was thinking of a good thesis topic involving enviro-friendly touch and i came up with this: plastic photodegrador! the concept was from the idea that plastic degrades easily in the ocean, so i am planning to design an equipment that will make plastics degrade fast. the design is somehow like a solar cooker (pls see the attached image).
the plastic will be cut into fine pieces before putting it in my photodegrador. i hope you got the concept.

but i am not satisfied with the design, will someone help me modify my design? or is there any problem with my design? comments are badly needed. thank you!

Attachments

• plasticphotodegrador.bmp
    351.6 KB · Views: 563
Engineering news on Phys.org
Please convert picture from bmp to gif/jpg before posting, it will save a lot of traffic.

Didn't get idea of your design.
Do you mean particular types of plastic, to test, whether it will degrade in open ocean environment?

1. What is a plastic photodegrador and how does it work?

A plastic photodegrador is a type of plastic that is designed to break down into smaller pieces when exposed to sunlight. This process is known as photodegradation and it occurs due to the action of UV light on the plastic molecules, breaking them down into smaller and more biodegradable fragments.

2. How is an eco-friendly plastic photodegrador different from traditional plastic?

An eco-friendly plastic photodegrador is designed to be more environmentally friendly by using materials that are biodegradable and can break down into harmless substances. Traditional plastic, on the other hand, is made from non-biodegradable materials and can persist in the environment for hundreds of years, causing harm to wildlife and ecosystems.

3. What are the benefits of using an eco-friendly plastic photodegrador?

The use of an eco-friendly plastic photodegrador can help reduce the amount of plastic waste in the environment, as it will break down into harmless substances over time. This can also reduce the harmful impacts of plastic on wildlife and ecosystems. Additionally, using such a plastic can also reduce our reliance on non-renewable resources, as it is made from biodegradable materials.

4. How can the effectiveness of an eco-friendly plastic photodegrador be measured?

The effectiveness of an eco-friendly plastic photodegrador can be measured by conducting controlled experiments in a laboratory setting to determine the rate of photodegradation. This can also be tested by exposing the plastic to different levels of sunlight and monitoring its degradation over time. Additionally, real-world studies can also be conducted to assess the effectiveness of the plastic in a natural environment.

5. Are there any potential drawbacks or limitations to using an eco-friendly plastic photodegrador?

While eco-friendly plastic photodegraders offer many benefits, there are also some potential drawbacks and limitations. These plastics may not be suitable for all types of products and applications, and may require specific conditions for effective photodegradation to occur. Additionally, the production of these plastics may still have an environmental impact, as it requires resources and energy to produce them. It is important to carefully consider the specific needs and applications of a product before choosing an eco-friendly plastic photodegrador.