Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Plastic processings

1. Jan 19, 2006 #1
    wish for ur help
    plz i wanna detalied description of plastic sheets calendering and extrusion processes.
    (pdf files prefered)

thanks alot
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 19, 2006 #2

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Please don't double post.

The reason your first post didn't get many replies is because you were pretty unspecific with what you were asking, didn't sound like you'd researched your question at all, and were quite demanding about how you received your answer!

Calendaring is a process used to smooth or gloss polymer sheet by drawing it through a set of rollers.

Extrusion is a process used to form plastic products of constant cross section by pumping the liquid polymer through a die.

I've studied polymer and composite processing at degree level, and am more than willing to help you out, but nobody's going to write essays for you based on a very vague and unspecific question.
  4. Jan 20, 2006 #3
    thanks i will try to be more specific and i'm sure u can help in future when i am more involved in thid topic
    thank u
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?