Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Play clickomania

1. Mar 8, 2006 #1

wolram

Gold Member

A totally humourous thread, but try this game, and one can see that one wrong move in many will result in a null conclusion.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 8, 2006 #2

wolram

Gold Member

Well i am told that every game is solvable, can you come up with the math.

4. Mar 8, 2006 #3

marcus

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2015 Award
    Dearly Missed

I am not seeing a link. I dont know how to find the game you refer to.

Oh wait, I see. I just googled "clickomania" and found this:
    http://www.clickomania.ch/click/

OK, I have not tried the game but I saw a description of it on the web that said this:

"Try to remove as many stones as possible! Clickomania! is a cool game for young and old. Your goal is to remove as many stones as possible by clicking on groups of stones with the same color. Sounds easy? I can tell you that it is harder than you might think.."

thank you for news of the game, Wolram. If you can think of a connection that this game has to quantum gravity then maybe they will not move the thread to general discussion forum.

you know about sudoku, I guess. I sometimes wonder if sudoku has anythng to do with quantum gravity----it is a combinatorial/graph theoretical game at some level. the numbers in sudoku could just as well be colored stones (same as in clickomania), or so I think.

If you had started this thread in general discussion or in "brain-teasers" forum then probably I would have missed it. So even if it eventually gets moved there, and even it is a bit odd-ball to put it here, I am glad you did.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2006
  5. Mar 8, 2006 #4

marcus

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2015 Award
    Dearly Missed

Wolram, this thread belongs in Cosmology because it suggests a possible solution to the Fermi Problem ("where are they?")

If there is other intelligent life in galaxy, then why havent they come to visit?

Answer: when a civilization reaches a certain level then they all start playing clickomania and it never occurs to them to explore and colonize space.

Where are they? They are all playing clickomania (except for the ones who are doing sudoku.)

6. Mar 8, 2006 #5

arivero

Gold Member

soduku is Gauss' chess problem (number of queens) on steroids.

But I agree, this thread sould be moved to the leisure rooms.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?