Have you ever played at Fratton Park for a Premier League match?

• Thread starter The Bob
  • Start date
In summary: I'll admit that its not the most manly of sports, but it is closely linked to that of rugby which is the manly...thing.In summary, The Bob played at Fratton Park for the Arsenal v.s. Portsmouth match. He was close to all of the players and had a lot of fun. He is a fan of Arsenal and Portsmouth and thinks they are both worth more than any other team. He got some autographs and is happy to have shared this experience with the community.
The Bob
I thought some of you (or none of you) would be interested in the fact that I played at Fratton Park for the Arsenal v.s. Portsmouth match. This means I have been no more than about 8 feet away from all of the players. I am not into football but it is something I have now done.

The Bob (2004 ©)

Physics news on Phys.org
:frown:

(Is there a tumbleweed smiley we can roll across the screen?)

I know it has nothing to do with anything, but my wife is from Portsmouth
Mike

I didn't say your wife was from Portsmouth. I said she has such a big mouth you could sail a ship into it.

Portsmouth suck, u that little mascot dude that runs around the pitch at the start then?

the number 42 said:
:frown:
(Is there a tumbleweed smiley we can roll across the screen?)
I know. This thread needs one. :smile:

mjwhip2 said:
I know it has nothing to do with anything, but my wife is from Portsmouth
Mike
You're right but this thread has nothing to do with anything either. I am fed up with not having 'Bob Friendly Threads'. This one is not working either. :frown: Oh well.

Andy said:
Portsmouth suck, u that little mascot dude that runs around the pitch at the start then?
They might well do but I was close to Arsenal and their mascot is funny.

The Bob (2004 ©)

Lmao - being 8 feet near the players - WOW.

I was 8feet from a lot of famous people before I was arrested for dancing on their graves.

futb0l said:
Lmao - being 8 feet near the players - WOW.
Personally I do not care and I am fed up of being taken the Micheal out of. I am not in the mood at the moment and all I wanted to do was have a 'Bob-Friendly' Thread but maybe not. :frown:

The Bob (2004 ©)

sorry Bob. I'm American, so think soccer is gay.(I love pissing off British people, but this is a bob friendly post) I have heard of Arsenal though. Worth more than any other team in any sport. That's pretty impressive. Did you get any autographs?

I have to admit, I'm a little envious, but a little hesitant to say so.

You got to watch Jeff Winter referee?! He refereed last year's FA Final. This is his last year. Mandatory retirement age is 48.

And, yeah, seeing Arsenal in person is pretty cool, plus at least Portsmouth has Teddy Sherringham.

see, now that post looks English, but I didn't understand a damn word of it.

tribdog said:
sorry Bob. I'm American, so think soccer is gay.(I love pissing off British people, but this is a bob friendly post) I have heard of Arsenal though. Worth more than any other team in any sport. That's pretty impressive. Did you get any autographs?
It was Futb's post that got to me tribdog. I know your sort of joking and I rarely take anything you post seriously. :rofl:

The Bob (2004 ©)

you better hope this place never catches fire, and I'm the only one around to warn you about it.
3rd degree burns will teach you to take me seriously when I yell "fire!"

tribdog said:
you better hope this place never catches fire, and I'm the only one around to warn you about it.
3rd degree burns will teach you to take me seriously when I yell "fire!"
I said rarely, not never. I used to and then realized that most of what you say is for a laugh in this place.

The Bob (2004 ©)

and it took you a while to figure it out.
You trying to say I ain't that funny? is that what you're telling me? If this can't be a bob friendly thread make it an anti-tribdog one huh? I see.

tribdog said:
and it took you a while to figure it out.
You trying to say I ain't that funny? is that what you're telling me? If this can't be a bob friendly thread make it an anti-tribdog one huh? I see.
Man you are hilarious. I mean, you won and award after all. There is no such thing as a Bob-Friendly Thread (unfortunately :frown: ) as I seem not to fit in anywhere but I would never want an Anti-trbdog one ever.

*BOW* I apologise *BOW*

The Bob (2004 ©)

that's better
now get up, you're embarrassing yourself

Your problem is living in the wrong country.

The US is a very Bob friendly country. There's even a bridge in Colorado named Bob. They have a Bob festival every summer. Bob Dole even attended once. In fact, all people named Bob have to make a pigrimage to the festival at least once in our lives.

Here in Arizona you can go to the BOB and watch the Diamondbacks play from 8 ft away

How dare you say football is gay! I'll admit that its not the most manly of sports, but it is closely linked to that of rugby which is the manly sport. Takes the piss out of your girlie 'American Football'. And portsmouth still suck. I have met two of Southamptons star players before though, James Beattie and Marian Pahars. And another useless bit of Information i was at the 2003 FA cup final, bad game but the atmosphere in and around the stadium was amazing.

Andy said:
bad game but the atmosphere in and around the stadium was amazing.
no, that doesn't sound gay at all. I apologize.

Ur gay sweetheart boy!

But to be serious it was a damn good being in the stadium, was going to say it was a good day but my team lost and the weather was ****. I notice your not defending American football for being a girls game.

you are right, I'm not defending American football. There is only one game I play, let alone defend. the one game NOBODY thinks is remotely gay. I was Captain of the 2001 NLA champion Arizona LeatherChaps. That was the first year of play using the new NLA guidlines, and this year was named Padtopper of the entire Nude Leapfrog Association. so don't call me gay.

That gets my funniest post vote, first time i have laughed out aloud reading a post on this website, nice.

1. What is Fratton Park and why is it significant in the Premier League?

Fratton Park is a football stadium located in Portsmouth, England. It is the home ground of Portsmouth FC and has been since 1898. It is significant in the Premier League because it is one of the oldest football stadiums in England and has been the site of many important matches throughout its history.

2. Have you ever played at Fratton Park for a Premier League match and if so, what was your experience like?

I have had the opportunity to play at Fratton Park for a Premier League match. It was an incredible experience to be on the pitch of such a historic stadium and to feel the energy of the crowd. The atmosphere was electric and it was an unforgettable moment in my career.

3. How does Fratton Park compare to other Premier League stadiums?

Fratton Park may not be the largest or most modern stadium in the Premier League, but it has a unique charm and character that sets it apart from other stadiums. The atmosphere inside the stadium is always passionate and intense, making it a challenging place to play for opposing teams.

4. What are some notable matches that have taken place at Fratton Park?

Fratton Park has been the site of many memorable matches throughout its history. Some notable ones include Portsmouth's FA Cup victory in 2008, their promotion to the Premier League in 2003, and a famous 7-4 victory over Reading in 2007. It has also hosted international matches and was used as a venue during the 1966 World Cup.

5. Is Fratton Park still used for Premier League matches today?

As of now, Fratton Park is no longer used for Premier League matches. Portsmouth FC was relegated from the Premier League in 2010 and currently plays in League One. However, the stadium still holds a special place in the hearts of fans and is regularly used for lower league matches and other events.