Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Playing in Portsmouth

1. Dec 22, 2004 #1
    I thought some of you (or none of you) would be interested in the fact that I played at Fratton Park for the Arsenal v.s. Portsmouth match. This means I have been no more than about 8 feet away from all of the players. I am not into football but it is something I have now done.

The Bob (2004 ©)
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 22, 2004 #2

(Is there a tumbleweed smiley we can roll accross the screen?)
  4. Dec 22, 2004 #3
    I know it has nothing to do with anything, but my wife is from Portsmouth[​IMG]
  5. Dec 22, 2004 #4
    I didn't say your wife was from Portsmouth. I said she has such a big mouth you could sail a ship into it.
  6. Dec 23, 2004 #5
    Portsmouth suck, u that little mascot dude that runs around the pitch at the start then?
  7. Dec 23, 2004 #6
    I know. This thread needs one. :smile:

You're right but this thread has nothing to do with anything either. I am fed up with not having 'Bob Friendly Threads'. This one is not working either. :frown: Oh well.

They might well do but I was close to Arsenal and their mascot is funny.

The Bob (2004 ©)
  8. Dec 23, 2004 #7
    Lmao - being 8 feet near the players - WOW.
  9. Dec 23, 2004 #8
    I was 8feet from a lot of famous people before I was arrested for dancing on their graves.
  10. Dec 24, 2004 #9
    Personally I do not care and I am fed up of being taken the Micheal out of. I am not in the mood at the moment and all I wanted to do was have a 'Bob-Friendly' Thread but maybe not. :frown:

The Bob (2004 ©)
  11. Dec 24, 2004 #10
    sorry Bob. I'm American, so think soccer is gay.(I love pissing off British people, but this is a bob friendly post) I have heard of Arsenal though. Worth more than any other team in any sport. That's pretty impressive. Did you get any autographs?
  12. Dec 24, 2004 #11

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I have to admit, I'm a little envious, but a little hesitant to say so.

You got to watch Jeff Winter referee?! He refereed last year's FA Final. This is his last year. Mandatory retirement age is 48.

And, yeah, seeing Arsenal in person is pretty cool, plus at least Portsmouth has Teddy Sherringham.
  13. Dec 24, 2004 #12
    see, now that post looks English, but I didn't understand a damn word of it.
  14. Dec 24, 2004 #13
    It was Futb's post that got to me tribdog. I know your sort of joking and I rarely take anything you post seriously. :rofl:

The Bob (2004 ©)
  15. Dec 24, 2004 #14
    you better hope this place never catches fire, and I'm the only one around to warn you about it.
    3rd degree burns will teach you to take me seriously when I yell "fire!"
  16. Dec 25, 2004 #15
    I said rarely, not never. I used to and then realised that most of what you say is for a laugh in this place.

The Bob (2004 ©)
  17. Dec 25, 2004 #16
    and it took you a while to figure it out.
    You trying to say I ain't that funny? is that what you're telling me? If this can't be a bob friendly thread make it an anti-tribdog one huh? I see.
  18. Dec 25, 2004 #17
    Man you are hilarious. I mean, you won and award after all. There is no such thing as a Bob-Friendly Thread (unfortunately :frown: ) as I seem not to fit in anywhere but I would never want an Anti-trbdog one ever.

*BOW* I apologise *BOW*

The Bob (2004 ©)
  19. Dec 25, 2004 #18
    that's better
    now get up, you're embarrassing yourself
  20. Dec 25, 2004 #19

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Your problem is living in the wrong country.

The US is a very Bob friendly country. There's even a bridge in Colorado named Bob. They have a Bob festival every summer. Bob Dole even attended once. In fact, all people named Bob have to make a pigrimage to the festival at least once in our lives.
  21. Dec 25, 2004 #20
    Here in Arizona you can go to the BOB and watch the Diamondbacks play from 8 ft away
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?